Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

learn a skill, then sell that skill

1 Like

Pursue a career based on electric or clean energy / efficiency technologies. That is the future, at least if we want one that we want to live in. There will be plenty of jobs and a million different, interesting directions you can go. Good luck! :facepunch:t3:

4 Likes

I just had an idea.

So, one could use bent/formed nickle strips and 3D print battery cradles right? What about printing a battery cradle for 4p-8p, or even a full 12sXp battery cradle for an entire board. You could run everything as thicc nickel strips with punched bumps for the cells. Pressed up against the deck the cells shouldnā€™t come free, and youā€™d be able to easily remove and replace bad cells. You could even use a few 8-bay 21700 chargers to charge batteries lol.

Idk itā€™s a dumb idea.

If you were going to do that, ditch the nickel and use gold plated copper. Itā€™s far cheaper and would perform better.

1 Like

or even just pressed copper plates. could even have small captive screws in modules to keep the pressure on. would be great for an easily repairable flat pack.

1 Like

Yeah the gold plate just prevents oxidation. Unplated copper would work as well. You could probably use tin plating as well.

The cells arenā€™t plated to my knowledge, so it might be excessive effort.

I think that or nickel could work well and be less expensive. Would need to check that electronegativity thing to see which metals are closer together (less corrosion potential).

Nickel-plated steel is used for the can and top contact structure.

2 Likes

Come back when you find the answer! I bet most people have similar thoughts

Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy it. If you donā€™t, fuck it off and try something different.

2 Likes

So whoā€™s going to make the first gallium nitride powered ESC?

3 Likes

It will be interesting to see how far they can leverage the benefits of GaN for the (relatively) tiny ESCā€™s we use.

I wonder how much of an effect on the input capacitor size it has? This is a big part of the reliability and size issues we haveā€¦IMO.

2 Likes

You do know that you can reset your password?

I lost my phone smart guy, and had all my passwords saved in the password key chainā€¦ then couldnā€™t remember the password to my email cuz it is always automaticā€¦ And I was smart enough to not back up the email address cuz i would never forget my primary email info. How could I? AND THENā€¦AND THENā€¦AND THENā€¦ I didā€¦ :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Well thatā€™s stupid then.

To not even know a single password wtf.

People that use password managers often donā€™t remember passwords.

People that donā€™t use password managers often reuse passwords.

Youā€™re fucked if you do and fucked if you donā€™t.

6 Likes

I would at least try to remember A: the Password managers password or the password for my recovery/Email.

2 things to rule the world!

2 Likes

there is actually a method of creating unique password for every website / app that u wonā€™t easily forget of :crazy_face:

iL0v3d1cKz3sK8n3w5
iL0v3d1cKzP4yP4L
iL0v3d1cKz3b4y
iL0v3d1cKz4m4z0n

Etc etc

3 Likes

When I worked on base the password management system for AFPERS was insane.

• It had to be at least 15 characters
  • one upper case, one lower case, one number, and one special character required
  • There could be no strings of 3 numbers or letters (ABC, 456)
  • No known words in the dictionary allowed

I couldnā€™t think of one I could possibly remember. A bunch of the people there told me to close your eyes and just make a pattern your fingers would remember.

6 Likes

if u r multilingual, then its very easy to make any unique password that will meet any requirement, the more fluent u r, the easier it is

4 Likes

LOLā€¦I like that!
My favorite is to use a foreign language word (not German, French, Spanish, or Italianā€¦too common) but misspelled so itā€™s not on any list, adding numbers/special characters as necessary.

2 Likes