Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

See I went for Spanish and German words I knew and those still got flagged as dictionary words.

The misspelling probably would have got them though, that’s clever.

2 Likes

<3 long sentences as passwords

10 Likes

Today, I fell in love with you.

5 Likes

I wish sites only had a length minimum because of this, it’s so annoying to have all these arbitrary requirements that don’t actually help.

I personally just have a phrase that I put in my passwords that contains all the common requirements and then words that I can remember after that. Never have the same 2 passwords that way.

Example: &5Hello(insert word to remember site here)

1 Like

Quite difficult for a 2 finger typer :joy: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hunt and pecker eh?

3 Likes

Unfortunately yes. Never learned 10 finger typing

2 Likes

Whoa you’re serious?! And you moderate a forum? Do you voice type everything?

3 Likes

Absolutely. We never had any kind of IT classes in school apart from my last year but that consisted of doing some Word documents, writing stuff down or draw pictures, yes, drawing pictures…0 IT education.

And since i only knew how to type with 2 fingers, i never learned how to use all 10. I could’ve taught it myself but idk why i never did.

I do…want me to resign from office? :flushed:

Nope, my 2 finger do all the work. I do feel i’m quite fast but not anywhere near 10finger typing.

3 Likes

This is almost the same for my work, 15 character requirement, special characters, no dictionary words, no patterns on the keyboard

They said in one of our IT emails that simple pattern passwords are easier to crack than random words because a password cracker can run every pattern in 1 second

2 Likes

My work makes us change our passwords every 30 days, and they require a ton of complex characters. It makes it hard to remember, and most people end up writing down their password down on a post-it note and putting it on their monitor, or maybe hiding it under a keyboard completely defeating the purpose of strong passwords…

The disconnect between a good idea on paper, and actual execution is real.

It reminds me of that story about a Russian spy who had some encrypted data that could NEVER be cracked… turns out she wrote down the password on a piece of paper and had it in her drawer lmao

2 Likes

They teach typing from grades 3-8 here and then when you get to high school, it becomes a blowoff class that’s an easy A.

Iirc the whole class score was scored on improving your words per minute by 5 :rofl: you could totally bomb the first test and basically guarantee an A

5 Likes

Ours are like every 90 or something

I just remember mine lol I just have a knack for it

Usually I have around 10 passwords stored in my brain, common ones i have to type frequently, even though they’re random characters. I also have a password manager, and thank goodness, because there’s like 300 unique passwords in there. I only use it on my phone though, I think autofill completely defeats the purpose of a strong password

2 Likes

I took typing class in 6th grade and it SUCKED. I was not good at it. I also couldn’t type very well after the class.

Getting a computer at home changed all that, I learned to type very well.

Of course the typing class was actual mechanical typewriters and pieces of paper.

3 Likes

old hag

1 Like

There are more of us around than you think. :grin:

7 Likes

It sure was stupid. But I’ll be the first to admit I have genius moments… but then I have straight remedial moments. Probably 4-1 remedial to genius.

And when I say “got a computer at home” I mean a Commodore VIC-20

3 Likes

When I was a kid I absolutely harassed my parents to get me a Vtech keyboard educational “games console” thing, played so many silly typing tutor things on that but I just refused to learn fully proper finger placement. I can do 60-65 words per minute but my technique is technically terrible. Wrong fingers for each key, that kind of thing

2 Likes

there is no wrong finger if that’s what u r comfortable typing with, the which finger should press which key is merely a suggestion / recommendation

3 Likes