Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

not really sure where to ask this be here goes… @b264 or anyone who runs single drive boards, do you guys find that “torque steer” or the board turning (or trying to turn i guess) because only one wheel has power is a noticeable issue? or is it so insignificant that it is hardly a problem?

1 Like

On single drives I don’t notice it really at all, but on dual diagonal, torquesteer can be intense.

Really it sounds like more of a problem than it really is though. It’s not really a big deal.

3 Likes

I feel it more braking than accelerating.

2 Likes

what’s a better setup? back heel front toe, or back toe front heel?
im guessing back heel front toe, but i don’t know

what about dual non diagonal? ie both on the right or both on the left side

Finished the floorplan for my dream home :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

21 Likes

Yeah, this. During hard braking, like locking up the wheel hard, a single drive feels awesome, like you’re surfing a skateboard that’s cocked partly sideways.

But like 99.99% of the time, it’s basically the same thing.

4 Likes

I don’t know, I only tried rear heelside and front toeside. That torquesteers slightly left on hard acceleration and slightly right on hard braking for regular-footed riders.

2 Likes

If you ride roads a lot , I think configuring the drive to brake torque steer towards the curb and not the middle of the road. My metro was the opposite and wasn’t a fan.
I’d rather torque steer into a curb/grass rather than into traffic.

2 Likes

Anyone else read PITA and think PITA PIT? :burrito:

2 Likes

This is what living in a loft is like. I miss mine, but not the neighborhoods they came with.

3 Likes

drop the kitchen, combine the bathroom with the bedroom, profit :crazy_face:
if its on the ground floor, then i need those automatic rolling shutter as well

Anything’s better than sharing a 7x14 room with a family member :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

No rooms. Just a toilet in the corner and a bed in the other with a window for door dash drivers to leave food.

3 Likes

delivery cost extra, better esk8 to self pick up :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Instructions unclear, I signed up to be a doordash driver and I’m paying off my esk8 debt while stealing fries from each order.

6 Likes

as long as u r esk8-ing to deliver their food

1 Like

I’ve considered doing this but honestly the roads are so shit esk8ing would be a chore.

1 Like

that just means u need to ride on more air with some bigger tires :rofl:

2 Likes

I ride with clpudwheens but even with my pneumatics I have to slow down often.