Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

The 50% of days isn’t the toughest requirement, it’s this, IMHO

Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)

1 Like

i’ve stopped caring about the level 3 thing

i got it, lost it, nothing really changes

1 Like

I don’t think this really deserves its own thread so ill put it here, I saw that weird post saying “who wants to try our new lights” and figured I might as well compare them to the Shredlights I have and see what they have to offer, here are some comparison and unboxing photos, obviously its a pretty shameless rip off of the SL-300.

I can’t provide a long-term review since I’m giving these to someone that I know who just got a board since my SL-1000 is more than enough for me. All pics are comparing it to the SL-300, both on max brightness and full charge, the mounts are almost identical. The problem with a lot of lights is the resistance to vibration, I put these in an empty hydroflask and shook it really hard for about 30sec and chucked them across my backyard a couple of times, and still worked fine, take that for what you will. The interesting part is that they both claim 300 lumens but the Owlights look about twice as bright at any distance and have way more throw.

For the price I got them, free, they are great and outperform the $130 shred lights pack and I got mounts and everything. I personally wouldn’t buy them if they are anything over $50 until the company proves itself, currently, I see no website or anything so not really able to say I trust them besides they sent me these (8 days to my door). I know shred lights have proven itself to be trustworthy and have a good reputation for customer service and that is worth a lot to me.

I’ll ask the guy I give these to give me an update in a couple of months if they are still working.

here’s the album:

8 Likes

I can’t figure out how to make a post. I’m curious if anyone knows if Trampa phatladz hubs will fit on original MBS matrix spring trucks? My hubs use the same 12mm bearing size. Thanks!

1 Like

welcome,you will find lots of help here

@Trampa any help?

1 Like

Awesome, I’m glad I’ve found the right place. I sent an email to Trampa and mbs and posted on Reddit, and haven’t found a clear answer.

1 Like

Hmm @Skyart ?@b264

1 Like

Not sure maybe @ApexBoards can help, I think they use phatladz often

1 Like

I really like that text advice if they’re too embarrassed to talk, great advice.

4 Likes

It has paid off

2 Likes

Yes, they fit. You have to add some shim washers to fill the gap, since the Phatladz are a bit slimer (bearing to bearing).

2 Likes

be sure to show us what you put together ,glad you got an answer, sometimes it takes a while,because if members arent sure they defer ,rather than spout an answer that might not be correct, now the next person looking for this wiil be able to search for it, and,if you post pics, see that it works.

im happy we are getting rain, but i wanna ride :crazy_face:

the more you post, the more features will be unlocked,like being able to edit etc

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply and tip about the washer. I’ll be making the purchase and I’ll make sure to post the board once everything is put together. Thanks Trampa!

Anyone think this will work? Dual 6374, 12s 4p, 1:8ish reduction. I want to get opinions before i melt something (mainly concenred about motors) im in the 200s. The calculators say 60 mph but that cant be right? I guess i need a different sprocket? The wheels are 18 inches and i figure if 2 motors driving one wheel twice the size of an esk8 tire (8 inches) then the output should equate to 2 motors driving 2 wheels at half the size? Whatcha guys think?

Ive had great sucess with 8 inch tires on the bike with similar ratio but was using only 50 amps per motor and it was about right. If i bump up the amps to twice that it should be fine for twice the tire size?

Also the calcs say 35 ftlb lf torque?? Isnt that a dirt bike?

3 Likes

Are they yobi plates? :rofl:

Yes :confused: i need a bigger sprocket or an e bike kit. Whichever comes first lol. I dont see esk8 motors working well on tires bigger than 9 inches without immense reduction. The motor squel and sound terrible, rode around for about 12 seconds before i realized the torque was non existent and the motors sounded like spongebobs boots.

I’ve seen an ebike where the dude had the esk8 motor on this retractable arm thing and the motor drove the bike tire just with friction :flushed:

2 Likes

friction drive still exist :joy:

1 Like

Ive seen that too. I wonder if he was a bjg guy and what kinda rough reduction that would be. After my experience with sizeable tires i would say that motor is toasted by now. I also saw a 1:8 mountainbike on youtube and the motor made the same squeal lol. Not a good motor option for bikes imo. Mini bikes they work.

No reduction, was just the motor pushed against the wheel :rofl: