Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

I thought there wasn’t a difference in cost?

AFAIK helical technically costs more to manufacture, but it’s small enough to be negligible to the consumer.

1 Like

There is a significant extra cost when straight gears don’t exist for your chosen gear drive.

5 Likes

Poast was considering a custom one off batch for himself, which turned out to be very expensive.

1 Like

:face_with_peeking_eye:

careful now, :grin:

2 Likes

Do it :smiling_face:

1 Like

Does anyone know what the setup is called where you put a stick on the back of your board so uou can properly record your riding sessions?
I’d love to record some, but its always very hectic to be holding a phone while riding, and it barely catches the riding experience :sweat_smile:

1 Like

most common are those Insta360 selfie stick

3 Likes

Maybe check out @SabreDynamics, they have a pretty shiny gopro holderthingy

3 Likes

You can attach a camera extension stick to your board. You can see a setup like that in the video at 0:47

1 Like

Has anyone been using VSS on urban builds?

Why do we even need hall sensors anymore? VSS seems to work so crazy well that hall sensors seem like more trouble than they’re worth.

It’s got no beep like HFI, it starts instantly as if it had sensors, it hits full speed with no issue and is fast off the line, all this with two thirds fewer wires to the modors.

Goddamn VSS is the future.

What’s VSS? Been using HFI, but VSS is a new term.

I’ve been away for months from the forum, so I’m doing some catching up.

1 Like

4 Likes

I thought you were making a joke first, but then I got a hit on google

5 Likes

u should also check out the fw6 sHFI, its on BV’s channel. there is demo showing position tracking without the use of ANY sensor, not even temp sensor, which is required for ASS/VSS

here:

3 Likes

Is there a demo video somewhere for VSS?

1 Like

i don’t remember there being one, not from BV or JF

It’s not a panacea. It barely works at all on my radium 205kvs w/ 60D+

1 Like

Its my birthday tomorrow. Anyone want to gift me by telling me where the fuck i can source 30mm pure nickel strips or pre cut 4P nickel in the UK without buying a ton of samples from ali/ebay and going broke?

Cheers

Local battery shops maybe? nkon.nl ships from the other side of the channel, so might be viable too.

1 Like

see if @ApexBoards is willing to sell u some

1 Like