Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Yeah i didn’t have good results with it either. I prefer straight sensorless to hfi/vss

2 Likes

Based in the UK. 30mm only as a 10m package tho

1 Like

Don’t you get hella tired of having to do a hip-check or push off to get the motors rolling?

I do it even with sensors. 20 years of regular skating, habits die hard.

3 Likes

I mean I still push off too out of habit if I’m not already on the board, but having that fine low speed control is pretty nice regardless. Especially in a city with so much stop and go.

1 Like

There’s the problem.

I skate for pleasure, not commute, so i plan my routes to have as minimal stopping as possible.

I fucking hate the city, i’ll do everything in my power to avoid it.

To be honest, my biggest problem with hfi/vss is low speed control. A whole bunch of times it has full locked my brakes at low speed and its fuckin horrible

1 Like

That’s a huge problem. I’m running HFI on TB6380s and it has been great. No unexpected braking or anything like that.

I don’t mind the whirrrrrr at low speeds either, but I can see how some wouldn’t like that.

3 Likes

I also run my motors completely sensorless, because I decided that waterproofing the hall sensors and protecting the cable wasn’t going to be worth it, as I knew that the board was going be drenched in rain and mud at some point, so for reliability sake I decided to just use HFI.

I’ll have to check the silent HFI though, not that the HFI whine at low speeds just to get off the line is a deal breaker.

5 Likes

Unfortunately my spot welder only goes to 0.15mm thick

1 Like

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

2 Likes

@Linny hey man was wondering if ARC boards is still a thing! I remember the super small geardrives and dkp/rkp truck hybrid you guys were testing. I cant seem to find a website though, only the kickstarter(s) and facebook.

1 Like

Im looking at building an MPCNC and was trying to see how capable it is of cutting aluminium so i can make some motor mounts and other custom bits later down the line. Look at what i found! @Boardnamics

2 Likes

@BillGordon is this a can of worms that is not supposed to be opened? I thought it was a very promising company :thinking:

Yup, he got his start on an MPCNC!

I built one, and used his guide for cutting aluminum. Overall it’s pretty good in wood, but slow in aluminum

Check out the PrintNC. It’s in a league way above the MPCNC in terms of speed and tolerances, and can still be built for around $1-2k.

It is a Voron level build project though

4 Likes

Ooh I’ll definitely look into that, looks like a solid machine

1 Like

Heya! Arc’s development is kinda stagnent right now due to the laws of electric vehicles in Singapore. The founders are working on a new venture which delves into electric bicycles however, which is a project I’m hands off on as i don’t have e bike experience

4 Likes

My board has ghosts. I’m on 5.3 with a 100D+.

Motor detection with ios vesc tool makes my board do scary shit.

Luckily, Freesk8 app runs FOC detection and the board performs as you would expect when I use that instead.

Any ideas what is going on with VESC tool? I’d really like to know if there is a bad value that it is assigning or if this is a bug unique to me?

Phantom throttle and unresponsive throttle:

One wheel decided to stop working:

5 Likes
2 Likes

Has anyone tried these? I can’t find any pictures of a board with these mounted. Maybe there is a reason for that…

@Trampa got any pics of these phatties mounted on a board?

2 Likes

Hehe golfa tread, sounds like it was for golf carts