Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

send me a link, what’s the deck size?

1 Like

This sounds like one of you writing for this shit rag Finding friendship and freedom on an electric skateboard - The Verge

looks identical to the polestar deck. I rode that thing yesterday. Sure, it has some torque, but it feels like 0 thought went into ride feel.

1 Like

I hated the updated deck. I told them this board just needs a kicktail to be perfect since that would add some low-speed maneuverability, but they just fucking butchered the kicktail… it’s literally useless.

This one in the photo is their old design which has some questionable concave designs but it’s much better than the new design.

1 Like

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.18.2c392ceccC2UtU&id=652883172818&ns=1&abbucket=11#detail
This is the link for the board

These are what they also sell

If any of these are familiar looking it’s because the legit elofty is actually an OEM

2 Likes

Butchered kicktails that are functionally useless, but only serve as marketing bullet-points, are the worst.

1 Like

compare the power to a vesc build using thane.

Their thane is also quite good, very grippy both side to side and during acceleration/braking

I second this with both hands and both legs.

2 Likes

its pretty slow compared to my short carbon thane board. My vesc board runs laps around it. its impressive for a hobbywing board

Not a hobbywing :wink:

do you think the torque and the brakes are good enough for most people (excluding torque junkies like us)

not a “hobbywing” but an extremely similar esc that’s practically an OEM hobbywing

1 Like

sweet baby jesus, i saw it before, now i need to get on it again

might buy that short board to give it a try

if i don’t like the deck, @glyphiks u want it?

3 Likes

It does look pretty sweet.

1 Like

@daegoe what do y’all mean by this?

1 Like

We’re talking about removing the center bushing seat (black piece) which makes it a tkp.

2 Likes

If shipping to hk is easy i could just lend you mine

1 Like

I was planning to tear it apart after riding for maybe a month :joy:

U can sell me urs if u r not using it

1 Like

not a good idea… the top of the battery bay panel is filled with glue. I used a heatgun and tried to pry it open for like a whole afternoon, failed. Apparently how they do “customer service” is just destroy the top panel and replace a new one after servicing.

2 Likes

Not difficult to replace it with something else if it’s just a flat piece :joy:

1 Like

Really like the idea of a 12s2p integrated shortboard deck. Apparently the Elofty Alpha 5 is popular in China, but that concave looks uselessly aggressive for a mini deck :face_vomiting:

Polestar doesn’t look much better…

Anyone riding one of these? Because otherwise I think the deck shapes are pretty dope

1 Like