Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

No thread, but basically he got cancer real bad, has been fighting it since like January

3 Likes

@DEEIF saw you post about astrosk8 and astrodrives on facebook. Do you have a thread here about it?

Looks like an awesome product!

I donā€™t have a thread here about it, the drives are targeted/setup for the lacroix market, maybe in the future some more diy focused products will come

1 Like

Just a heads up to anybody who Dave may have lashed out at/burned bridges with. Very likely it was from the medical stress & not because he one day decided to hate you. Iā€™m sure he knew things were getting bad for a bit & that shit can really fuck with your head. Your own body is literally trying to kill you & like. Thereā€™s literally nobody you can try to blame the problems on. So you lash out at people over the dumbest shit due to the stress. Not that I have any idea what was going through his mind, but Iā€™d take a pretty good guess as to why he started treating people who were otherwise good friends the way he did towards the end.

2 Likes

From my experience Asus zenbooks are perfect for this kind of use, my advice take the simplest one and upgrade manually the hard drive to a good ssd and youā€™ll get yourself a cheap, fast and wiegthless laptop

1 Like

looks cool, but 1.4kg isnā€™t that much light, Iā€™d try to get something under 1000-900g for your use case

1 Like

Dave was an asshole before he was sick.

Its sad that heā€™s gone and left his family behind, sure. But he was still an asshole.

8 Likes

Not true in the slightest.

2 Likes

I only came to know him right after he fucked up his leg really bad & couldnā€™t skate anymore. I presume losing most of the ability to enjoy your hobbies would turn you into a giant dick. Wasnā€™t just speaking of the cancer.

If he was a giant dick before that tho. Well, perhaps he was indeed just a giant dick. Iā€™m not going to lie, I thought he was one of the most arrogant douchebags Iā€™d ever met but he was also mostly cool & helpful to me in person. I just presumed he was a cranky bitch because whatever happened with his leg lol

3 Likes

I gotta say, I owe this community so much for my current lifestyle.

Thanks to the knowledge Iā€™ve gained here, Iā€™m now working at an ebike shop as the lead repair technician, repairing any eBikes and eScoots that we sell. I esk8 to and from work almost every day, and Iā€™m learning at a nice steady rate while also having my knowledge be valued.

TBQH Iā€™m so close to living my dream life. just gotta swap scoots for boards.

Thank you Esk8 News. Thank you all.

4 Likes

You should take pictures of & document your repairs. Maybe post a few here

4 Likes

I post almost daily in the Pics thread. documenting every single work order would take too much time away from doing my job. I tend to mostly take pics of especially fucked units.

2 Likes

@LongDistance iā€™m sorry were you guys talking about something other than the rims Iā€™m a little confused Iā€™m also sick so I could be a little loony to

Nope, I was talking about the rims having no way to drive them.

1 Like

So you donā€™t have a set up? Their MBS pattern for pulleys

1 Like

I just didnā€™t understand what they worked with because they werenā€™t offering anything with them.

1 Like

Wait.

Not trying to be a dick.

They donā€™t want you doing that in the first place?

I was essentially in charge of some assemblers/repair people at my last job, nothing big money. Everything had to be documented w/pictures & sometimes video, especially repairs.

I can understand why they might not choose to. But I always think itā€™s the sign of a good company.

Yes and no. I was hired to increase the capabilities of the shop to include more repairs. Iā€™ve actually been fielding ideas like full documentation and other SOPs that werenā€™t in place before.

So yes, I am documenting everything in notes. No I wonā€™t spend the extra time to take nice pics for the forum and post on here all day. Half an hour spent on here could be an extra work order squeezed into my day. Maybe if things are slow I can spend more time on social media lol.

Same here 100% and thatā€™s why Iā€™m here, to turn things around and make this shop worthy of our customerā€™s money.

Like nacho said, MBS bolt pattern, should work with most MBS pattern pulleys, as well as likely most MBS bolt pattern gear drives, and ofc they work great with the Boardnamics GD

3 Likes

@JohnnyDog is now terrorizing the streets of Ohio with my first semi diy - BKB duo. The board was named Steve and he beat up my girlfriend once but they made up and became friends.

Guess I need a new profile pic.

3 Likes