Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

I just swapped the front wheels only for flashes on my plata. Gonna see how it feels compared to running all Hoyt mini pneumies since they’re the same diameter… soon as my remotes charged up -_-

1 Like

Update:

Considerably more comfortable. Wide contact patch is great, feels like I can corner just a little harder but not sure(haven’t been riding this board as often so it’s kinda hard to judge and I’m taking it relatively easy still). Seems to perform better on grass than before. No clue how it affects efficiency. But I’m diggin it, gonna leave em on for a while.

1 Like

seriously when is someone with the manufacturing ability gonna revive these wheels.

It was supposed to happen, some company called jet iirc, but that faded into the aether.

1 Like

from unobtanium to vaporware. I feel like it’s easier to just try getting a set of brand new bergs and kahuas.

THEY LIVE
searching the site still for just the wheelz but they’re on there. I can see em.

1 Like

crawling brings up nothing, plus the boards are out of stock, probably due to a shortage of parts.

Yeah, seems to be their first venture into skates. I’ve definitely seen that deck on here once. Couldn’t find product page one wheels, but, I emailed em.

1 Like

The magazine spammer @RobertHan is now on the ESB, how nice :blush:

Seems like he took a longer break after he got called out by the boss.

2 Likes

He writes like a bot

3 Likes

Ran by an Ace today and remembered this

Cuts 5-25mm aluminum tubing it claims and the blade only has a very tiny taper to it. A few seconds on the belt sander ought to clean any imperfection up.

3 Likes

I’m glad you brought that up, I went after we talked about to pick one up and my ace was out, they had the more expensive one but I’m cheap. I’ll have to check back to see if it’s back in.

Glad you confirmed it works well.

Still haven’t used it, just a visual inspection so far

2 Likes

I have 3 audible credits I need to use by the end of the month, what should I get? already have Tolkien’s works.

Personal recommendations:

Every tool’s a hammer - Adam savage

• funny, informational, diy

Immune - Phillip Dettmer

• informative, not overly complex, unbiased

Interstellar - Greg Keyes

• science backed Sci fi with a captivating concept of relativity
4 Likes

So I’ve been out of esk8 since my 12s4p battery died last summer, I got tired of uscrewing the whole enclosure everytime I need to fix something.

I finally admitted than analog is enough for my daily comute but I miss going errand with my board
Should I try selling all my stuff and build a top mounted eMtb with big lipo packs or should I wait a few more month in hope than my motivation returns and that I’ll find a good deal for 16850s ?
(Actually the price of cells shipped to my place is prohibitive while buying packs from cnhl is much more doable)

3 Likes

well considering you have to sell the board first to build the eMTB (which you’re going to have to pay extra, thats how it is) I’d say revive the old one. :smiley:

1 Like

In the other hand I prefer selling the old one without a battery as I don’t like the idea of being responsible if something goes wrong with a pack I made for myself.
I feel confident to use it, but I know my limits.

And considering that a board without a battery isn’t worth that much compared to one with, my point stands even stronger, money-wise. On the other hand, If you want to build an eMTB, thats another story.

2 Likes

wu tang clan not only sold a single record for $2m, they also included a clause in the sales paperwork that states, and i quote: “The buying party also agrees that at any time during the stipulated 88 year period, the seller may legally plan and attempt to execute one (1) heist or caper to steal back Once Upon A Time In Shaolin, which, if successful, would return all ownership rights to the seller. Said heist or caper can only be undertaken by currently active members of the Wu-Tang Clan and/or actor Bill Murray, with no legal repercussions.” Which is the greatest legal move made in the history of these united states. Truly, nothing to fuck with.

5 Likes