Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Thank you. I’m usually a considerate person but like I said I’m not posting against rules on purpose, focusing can be a challenge, then I find it embarrassing

2 Likes

You should tottaly make a thread, your posts are fire man

2 Likes

Also im working with 12 concussions so far, my nogin in bound to be like CTE flavored Swiss cheese. What would I title the thread ?

“Dyslexic ADD ramblings of a horrible speller with no fear of crashing, telling outrageous lies from the safety of my keyboard?”

Maybe we can get a good acronym for This

No; they actually create less heat, because there is more copper, giving a lower resistance, wasting less power.

They ALSO do spread any heat they make over a larger mass though.

You are too hard on yourself haha

Check out this thread for an example

NullBlox had one too just called “NullBlox’s Workshop” where he had all sorts of creations, stories, etc.

2 Likes

ok if anyone wants the pic gone, just ask

this is a cyst i got from crashing at 25 mph wearing level 2 hip pads. It started small,and was the consisency of jello. over the corse of 4 months it grew, and grew, becoming almost rock hard. I had 2 surgerys to remove it. A week before the first surgery i crashed doing 30 mph and burst it. It was 3AM(i have insomnia,so i sk8) Its 30 degrees, im wearing active heating, i went into shock from the crap dumped in to my blood stream. I had a very hard time turning the heating in my suit off. I wear too much gear by most peoples standards, but the picture below is my hip, not my knee or a brest. I posted it with reservations, but i think people should be aware of what can happen.

ignore my nasty dirty nails,gross. it got about 10% bigger before removal.

1 Like

Btw I have lots of gear, helmets, suits I’m not active in trying to sell but if someone is interested in Mc gear for esk8 please message me. I’m not looking for much, it’s better being used than sitting

Damn. That thing is huge! What did you doc say it was?

it was a cyst from the impact trama , pasted,below,not my words.
A post-traumatic cyst is a rare complication of significant soft tissue trauma . It occurs at the junction between the subcutaneous fat and underlying fascia, when a large, subcutaneous haematoma fails to resolve, developing into a chronic, fluid-filled cyst, lined with fibrous tissue.

i think there was so much damaged tissue it wouldnt heal or dissipate so my body tried to wall it off, i dont understand why it kept growing

2 Likes

Spent far too long trying to find a decent explanation for this but no such luck, all evidence I could find is on your side though

I was under the impression that (keeping pole count, delta/Wye config, and stator diameter constant for simplicity), motor kv depends on turns ratio. With the only difference between a 6354 and 6374 stator length, you can gain more copper in total but it’s just longer runs of the same gauge of wire. That should (by my understanding) keep Kv the same, increase resistance, but also increase mass of copper and the size of the magnetic field. How is it then that resistance decreases? This is a question out of curiosity, not arguing

1 Like

@PedroMcJimenez mind sharing your 3-link tuning / setup tips?

@Sk8tedad definitely needs his own thread. Documenting everything from giant hip cysts to 60mph speed runs. Scrambled eggs & messed up legs

3 Likes

@Savage1 dude, what gives? I’ve been trying to buy a set of your trucks since you announced the batch in October, expressed interest in that batch since August, and this guy goes from interested to a done deal in a day and a half??

Granted, I am after the ones modified for M1 drives, but last I heard from you was in December and you said you had a batch ready and they’d just been sent out for anodizing. At that point, I asked about payment and you did give me your PayPal, but still haven’t told me how much the total cost is, even though I’ve asked twice since then.

If it’s still $395 even with the custom BN adapters, I’m happy to pay you right now, but this complete lack of communication while others are placing (and receiving) orders is not confidence inspiring at all.

I’ve got nothing against you and I really don’t wanna cause a scene, but I just don’t understand why my DMs to you go unanswered for months while others already have trucks in hand. You make some amazing stuff and I’d love to experience it, but you gotta at least let me know how much to pay you!

Edit 2/24/23: finally received a set of trucks after reaching out on Telegram a few days after I first posted this

1 Like

People parrot untruths all the time. That doesn’t mean they’re true.

If you have a look at pages 130 - 150 it clarifies all of this.

SI-Brochure-9-EN.pdf (966.7 KB)

Case in point, right on chapter 130 it says

amount of substance | n

and not “n = nano”. As you see, even within the SI-System context matters more.

That being set aside, I was talking about actualities, not how certain things are defined, thus you missed my point completely.

Yes indeed — your point is, that you are spearheading the effort to increase the level of stupidity around you.

mAh is milli·amp·hours and MAH is not, for example.

Nm is newton·meters — never is nm or NM a netwon·meter.

I’m not doing anything besides telling you that the real world doesn’t behave like the SI definition lmao

Ok, i need a little help with a small mystery. This is the biggest access i have to people,so imposting to see if someone has a reasonable explanation. My exgirlfriend from Florida sent me a picture of 2 polaroids of me and her from 1994, i am 21, she is 20, we were visiting my home town of New Orleans,we are alone in the car, neither of us had a cell phone, cell phones didnt have cameras then and werent smart or cheap. Obviously these are polaroids,besides.

SO 1)whose finger and thumb are behind her, 2)why does the finger look like that,3) why are we seeing the “top side” of the finger, not the underside? hold your thumb in that position, it doesnt make sence.

4) why dont i still have that much hair? 5) why are my shoulders bigger than my head?(4 and 5 are jokes)
im not an “its aliens!” type of person, im sure there is an explanation, like reflection coupled with lense artifact,however im at a loss. I tought at very least it might be interesting . Thanks for any help

My bet is that it’s only a wonky reflection in the car window, as the concave surface will enlongate and enlargen objects. You can get the same effect with one of those bathroom makeup mirrors if you have one around.

2 Likes