Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Sure - I’ve never tried it though, I do notice that the newbee frequency seems to be a little bit lower than BN tho

1 Like

Hollow enclosure

@Venom121212 oil slick forks :rofl:

5 Likes

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

This is the hot trend in kitchenware it seems :face_with_monocle:

1 Like
1 Like

Those drills drill 20% better right there, no way about it. They can do extreme metal drilling and are incredibly durable, no doubt. Mach Blue baby, they are extreme metal.

Edit: They even have armor plating! Gawd damn

2 Likes

If you ask any professional machinist that’s been in the trade at least a decade, they will ALL tell you that color is the NUMBER ONE indicator of drill bit quality.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the Apex bull bar works with the Luna 350 hangars?

@ApexBoards

I’m sorry we have no idea, we don’t make the Luna trucks so they are made to work with Airs but may fit others

2 Likes

I wrote a thing.

Feel free to judge.

3 Likes

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

That’s actually quite a good article. Good work

6 Likes

Good read, my only nit-pick would be that you didn’t mention the comparative long-term reliability of gear drives in relation to the other drive-trains.

1 Like

Overall very nice article. Well done. My only thought:

Gear drives are the most expensive and most difficult to maintain of any drive train available on electric skateboards.

Gear drives are difficult to maintain? In my experience you have to do absolutely nothing for gear drives. They are zero maintenance.

4 Likes

That’s only if they don’t break

7 Likes

Have you broken gear drives?

BN straight cuts are proven to be @poastoast proof. That’s a pretty difficult certification to obtain. Truly maintenance free.

5 Likes

Yes lol my BN ones have broken like 3 times now because of the helical issues

I’m sure straight cut are more reliable. My newbee ones have no issues so far either. They CAN be lower maintenance but when/if they break it’s WAY worse than just replacing a belt

@Evwan has learned this lol

6 Likes

this is countered by the point about maintenance being rare with gear drives. it’s the most difficult, but you rarely ever have to do it.

I’ve opened my straight cut BNM!s about twice since owning them just to regrease them with higher quality grease.

3 Likes

Very fair - I didn’t read closely enough.

Brutal man. Get those 5.5s on and stop worrying about helicals :upside_down_face:

1 Like