Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Yeah, I usually ride with my girlfriend, and she doesn’t like the boards. Her scooter only goes 20mph max on a full charge, so it’s usually pretty slow rides when I’m with her. (which is most of the time)

2 Likes

Now that I finally have a board with decent range, I’ve been worrying about flats on my rides. I’ve never bothered packing any tools to fix a flat on the fly, but I think I want to put a little kit together.

What do you guys do for on-the-go flat fixes? I’ve somehow never had to deal with one before. I’m thinking of just getting a mini electric screwdriver to take the hub apart and bringing a spare tube.

Any advice/tips appreciated!

1 Like

If you’re really worried. Maybe some slime in the tube. I carry sticker patches to patch up holes, a spare tube, and CO2. But with these BKBs I’m honestly not too worried about flats. I can ride slowly with my weight shifted towards the good end and be fine

I’m a big fan of the preassembled spare wheel. Only works if you have 5 of your tire. Swap is a breeze though, gets you back riding in mere moments.

4 hubs were expensive enough for me :sweat_smile:

I’ve thought about slime, but the extra weight turns me off a bit, although I know it’s not much.

I actually forgot I bought some of this stuff for that exact purpose a while back

When people get flats, is it usually the tube that’s the issue? That’s been my assumption

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve run nails through my tires before and only had to change tubes.

3 Likes

I must be cursed, I’ve had multiple tires spit metal wire everywhere, just blown right out. A spare tire could have helped me more than once.

1 Like

Yeesh I’ve only seen the metal show when I’ve run them way too low

2 Likes

@Ean.esk8 You need to fix your installation Guide video on the ESC enclosure

grafik

Video not available because the associated account has been deleted.

4 Likes

Is there any way to make gear drives louder and lower pitch noise?

1 Like

This exact stuff has saved me a couple of times, way better than slime brand. As a warning though, you will get horrible imbalance at anything above 35-40, in my experience the slime will all go to one part of the wheel and it will start to hop, not a good feeling, below that though its okay and I only noticed it on my rear wheels.

1 Like

Probably larger teeth?

1 Like

As in Mod2 instead of Mod1?

mod 2 teeth are indeed bigger than mod 1 teeth

2 Likes

Sure - I’ve never tried it though, I do notice that the newbee frequency seems to be a little bit lower than BN tho

1 Like

Hollow enclosure

@Venom121212 oil slick forks :rofl:

5 Likes

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

This is the hot trend in kitchenware it seems :face_with_monocle:

1 Like