Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

Yeah the gold plate just prevents oxidation. Unplated copper would work as well. You could probably use tin plating as well.

The cells aren’t plated to my knowledge, so it might be excessive effort.

I think that or nickel could work well and be less expensive. Would need to check that electronegativity thing to see which metals are closer together (less corrosion potential).

Nickel-plated steel is used for the can and top contact structure.

2 Likes

Come back when you find the answer! I bet most people have similar thoughts

Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy it. If you don’t, fuck it off and try something different.

2 Likes

So who’s going to make the first gallium nitride powered ESC?

3 Likes

It will be interesting to see how far they can leverage the benefits of GaN for the (relatively) tiny ESC’s we use.

I wonder how much of an effect on the input capacitor size it has? This is a big part of the reliability and size issues we have…IMO.

2 Likes

You do know that you can reset your password?

I lost my phone smart guy, and had all my passwords saved in the password key chain… then couldn’t remember the password to my email cuz it is always automatic… And I was smart enough to not back up the email address cuz i would never forget my primary email info. How could I? AND THEN…AND THEN…AND THEN… I did… :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Well that’s stupid then.

To not even know a single password wtf.

People that use password managers often don’t remember passwords.

People that don’t use password managers often reuse passwords.

You’re fucked if you do and fucked if you don’t.

6 Likes

I would at least try to remember A: the Password managers password or the password for my recovery/Email.

2 things to rule the world!

2 Likes

there is actually a method of creating unique password for every website / app that u won’t easily forget of :crazy_face:

iL0v3d1cKz3sK8n3w5
iL0v3d1cKzP4yP4L
iL0v3d1cKz3b4y
iL0v3d1cKz4m4z0n

Etc etc

3 Likes

When I worked on base the password management system for AFPERS was insane.

• It had to be at least 15 characters
  • one upper case, one lower case, one number, and one special character required
  • There could be no strings of 3 numbers or letters (ABC, 456)
  • No known words in the dictionary allowed

I couldn’t think of one I could possibly remember. A bunch of the people there told me to close your eyes and just make a pattern your fingers would remember.

6 Likes

if u r multilingual, then its very easy to make any unique password that will meet any requirement, the more fluent u r, the easier it is

4 Likes

LOL…I like that!
My favorite is to use a foreign language word (not German, French, Spanish, or Italian…too common) but misspelled so it’s not on any list, adding numbers/special characters as necessary.

2 Likes

See I went for Spanish and German words I knew and those still got flagged as dictionary words.

The misspelling probably would have got them though, that’s clever.

2 Likes

<3 long sentences as passwords

10 Likes

Today, I fell in love with you.

5 Likes

I wish sites only had a length minimum because of this, it’s so annoying to have all these arbitrary requirements that don’t actually help.

I personally just have a phrase that I put in my passwords that contains all the common requirements and then words that I can remember after that. Never have the same 2 passwords that way.

Example: &5Hello(insert word to remember site here)

1 Like

Quite difficult for a 2 finger typer :joy: :sweat_smile:

1 Like