Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

In before folks start talking about people instead of stuff

1 Like

You’re the first. Nice dude. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Beetlejuicer. :wink:

1 Like

You mean the 6 shooters? Back then those were the only 6inch option and many were or are quite happy with them. From what I gathered they are usable with regular skate axle diameter and length. The only thing to look out is the area around the valve is a bit sharp same as with bergmeister hubs. But it is easy to sand round.

2 Likes

Yeah the 6ixshooters. Thanks for the input

1 Like

Here you go LOL

just listed a few minutes ago

2 Likes

Thanks bro

1 Like

It’s been awhile since I made that layout, but if memory serves it looks like the short happened in the region where the 5V buck regulator is (the thing that turns the battery voltage into 5v).

It is likely that something strange happened to the 5v bus somehow. Based on the location of the destroyed copper it doesn’t have much to do with the motor drive so it isn’t the loss of sensors. But yea definitely a strange story, I will think a bit more on it.

4 Likes

Thanks for your input, Jeff. Let me know if you’d like any more info about the burnt Xenith. I can do some continuity checks if that helps. It would be nice if we could get to the bottom of this mystery.

Interestingy we can see what blew up is the transient voltage spike protection diode on the voltage bus. This diode will conduct if a voltage beyond 60-ish volts is applied to the unit or if a reverse voltage is applied. I have seen it blow up most often with a BMS disconnecting while braking and the resulting over-voltage blows the diode. It should be designed to fail open but if it failed shorted it could conduct across the battery leads and burn.

My guess is the sensor cable thing is just something that happened in parallel with some other system voltage spike reaking havoc. Usually if the TVS pops something else has gone very wrong.

6 Likes

bruh how is grilled sausages off topic if the pictures thread is for everything

1 Like

This isn’t just snapchat lol grilled sausages isn’t even remotely related to anything on this forum haha

i beg your pardon?

6 Likes

Well you didn’t post that pic, now did you?

lol that is pretty funny

2 Likes

well no because i was preparing them, cant put them on raw

Didn’t know Bunnings were selling skateboards

1 Like

Can anyone (particularly people who sell stuff commercially from the US like @DRI, @BenjaminF , maybe @XBoard ) share some magic secret to shipping from the states to Europe? I’ve gotten quotes in stores that are fairly reasonable for shipping, but any time a private seller on here tries to give me a quote it’s usually like $100, occasionally a little lower

2 Likes

I’m in shipping where I work (and work for about every dept). We hold accounts with all the companies and get a business rate. I’m sure that’s about the same case vs a private seller.

1 Like

Yeahhh I assumed it was that they get more favourable rates, I was wondering if there’s any way to get those due individuals or some sneaky compromise like slow shipping that isn’t immediately obvious

2 Likes

It would be nice, I e tried everything to get lower rates on shipping so I’ll be curious if there is something I don’t know about. Sadly I doubt there is.