Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

This isn’t just snapchat lol grilled sausages isn’t even remotely related to anything on this forum haha

i beg your pardon?

6 Likes

Well you didn’t post that pic, now did you?

lol that is pretty funny

2 Likes

well no because i was preparing them, cant put them on raw

Didn’t know Bunnings were selling skateboards

1 Like

Can anyone (particularly people who sell stuff commercially from the US like @DRI, @BenjaminF , maybe @XBoard ) share some magic secret to shipping from the states to Europe? I’ve gotten quotes in stores that are fairly reasonable for shipping, but any time a private seller on here tries to give me a quote it’s usually like $100, occasionally a little lower

2 Likes

I’m in shipping where I work (and work for about every dept). We hold accounts with all the companies and get a business rate. I’m sure that’s about the same case vs a private seller.

1 Like

Yeahhh I assumed it was that they get more favourable rates, I was wondering if there’s any way to get those due individuals or some sneaky compromise like slow shipping that isn’t immediately obvious

2 Likes

It would be nice, I e tried everything to get lower rates on shipping so I’ll be curious if there is something I don’t know about. Sadly I doubt there is.

It’s time…

Hi
I’m sorry can’t really help for private seller
Nothing crazy but you can try this at private seller https://www.easyship.com/

2 Likes

I think shipstation is a good one too

1 Like

I’ve been repairing dead unities for a while now and I had one that had the TVS exploded as well, but it didn’t take out the copper as much as @janpom’s xenith did. The one I’m talking about disconnected during a ride, the guy was braking until stopped, and after reconnecting the unity and turning it on, the TVS exploded. I guess that the unity was overvolting itself during the braking period and the TVS baked itself into a short. The blown fuse on the xenith might be looking like a consequence of the explosion, but what if the fuse blew moments before, and a little brake caused the same thing I was talking about before… I don’t think that the sensor wire disconnect has anything to do with this

4 Likes

Great info. BTW, people are always looking for ESC repair around here, so maybe make an official thread if you want more business.

6 Likes

I already had that in mind. I´ll see how busy my final college year will be and probably make the thread :slight_smile:

If someone is interested, I made a couple of videos of my repairs here

4 Likes

I use a freight forwarder in the US that passes on their good rates to users. For example I got quoted around 60$ to ship a pair or BN gear drives with motors to Tahiti in the middle of nowhere

You however have other costs for every services you need them to do but I am pretty happy with them. Only issue is unless you get free shipping, even domestic shipping is expensive sometimes in the US.

3 Likes

Oooh yeah I saw your channel on my recom with the overvolted ts100 a couple weeks back

1 Like

Yeah I had a look at a few of those before and the quoted prices were significantly better than what I saw elsewhere even including getting the item to whatever forwarding warehouse they use. What turned me off it was that they all seemed to have lots and lots of really negative reviews mentioning hidden charges and the quotes being wildly inaccurate, and that even in the best case I’ve still got to pay import duties and tax when it gets here. Which one(a) have you used?

Edit: there’s probably a bias in that I saw negativity and then got increasingly paranoid of it, and that people don’t really write reviews unless something is horrible (or maybe exceptionally good)

1 Like

Yeah, I know it’s not ideal but I don’t get much luck with people accepting to ship here so I gave it a try and so far so good.

I am using a service called Planet express, I use their “Premium Mailbox” it costs 50$ a year and shipping and handling your packages costs 2$ per parcel. They provide extra services like repackaging or consolidating parcels but they will cost extra.

You can also use a free mailbox but I would not know what are the costs for additionnal services on that kind of account.

As for declaration, you will have to fill in the information regarding each item yourself but it is not complicated.

2 Likes

Thanks yeah that seems like a pretty reasonable deal, I’ll have another look at something like those

1 Like