1 Like

You want to die?

8 Likes

no but it would be funny lol

1 Like

Trampa wand, trigger version.

Also

3 Likes

Wow MindStorms, flashback! I had so much fun with those. A nice pretext for grown-ups to go back to playing with Legoā€¦
In my last year at Uni, we had a Robotics course that was built around MindStorms, and the replacement OS LegOS, such a fantastic geeky tool.

Our project was about controlling an inverted pendulum

4 Likes

Dang you got the old old

I have the NXT kit still from when I was a kid, now itā€™s the EV3 kit

2 Likes

Yes, well, Iā€™m past the mid forties, so I was blessed with the 1st genā€¦ RCX
And hereā€™s what was on dusting duties in my 18sqm student flatā€¦ Precursor of the Roombaā€¦ And it was humming a Britney Spears midi song when it detected that it was getting stuck.

I should go back to playing with thatā€¦ fuck growing up!

5 Likes

Ahhh thatā€™s great, I had the RCX 2.0 (maybe 1.5?) but I think it was largely the same, just USB programming instead of IR and some changes to the power supply setup. My best guess is I was around 8 using it though, so very different stages of life hahahahaha

3 Likes

no one is ever far from legos in this house

6 Likes

There is some new aftermarket control modules for those kitā€™s motor/connector types with USB C and good apps.

Oh my god I wonder if my parents still have my old stuff or if it survived years of being moved around, Iā€™m gonna have to check the next time Iā€™m at their house. Tempted to just pick up any set I can get on eBay though, Iā€™m fine with any generation so this could be funā€¦

4 Likes

damn took me a minute but here I found it

https://buwizz.com/store-3/

2 Likes

Soooo given those pricesā€¦ who wants a P42A powered Lego set?

4 Likes

oh shit

@mr.shiteside the price/performance ratio on the Buwizz things and the LEGO products is like the Evolve to the Lacroix

1 Like

Weā€™ve got lego minecraft world and lego super mario world and itā€™s becoming a problem.

3 Likes

04c97288-37ec-4dc9-a172-c6ce4318c021_text-1

Love the 3d spacial creativity Legos can bring out in kids. My boy has me beat in that department hands down

1 Like

My right ankle hurts more and more, I cracked it the other day when I got up since then it hurts. Hurted a couple weeks/months before near/at peroneal tendon or the inferior peroneal but was temporary, usually when I wake up. I donā€™t really know what to do and donā€™t want to make it worst. Should probably go see a doctor or something but I know it could take a while before I get an appointment.

Not gonna lie, I bought myself this lego skatepark set the other day.

Thatā€™s a rad wheelchair guy being inclusive on the pipe :heart:

6 Likes

A Lego touristy map of NZ I did with my son for a Lego comp, and we won another $100 worth of Legoā€¦
After a few years, it is still removing all coffee-cup-holding abilities from my coffee table.

1 Like

Look up physical therapy exercises that will help your damaged muscles and stick to them. 3 times a day at least. If it still hurts significantly in 2 weeks, go to a doc.

3 Likes