PSA: Be super careful with TorqueBoards Direct Drives, almost got very injured again with them

You need stickers bro? The amount of Dexter stickers I have, you’d think I’m obsessed with him :rofl:

3 Likes

You need the new sticker.

7 Likes

Send it, I’ll put it on my ass while riding

3 Likes

Lemme say you chose to live in a pony world, if you always rely on QC. Be smart, not trustful.

1 Like

Ok but like if Dex is marketing as a finished product, it should have gone through numerous QC checks. I’m all for checking your shit after you get it, but the average joe isn’t gonna do that, and that’s kinda the main discussion here, is it not?

3 Likes

That’s the point though. If your the average joe. Don’t buy.

Nobody wants anyone dying because you want to rely 100% on QC.

At least not on my watch. It’s not worth selling if you guys are dying.

Don’t ruin it for the rest of us. It’s simple really.

You can blame failed threadlock on me all you want.

But when something bad happens. That’s the least of your problems.

And your going to be wishing you weren’t so negligent.

These products aren’t meant for the average joe.

5 Likes

I don’t want to be a dick, but if I was in Russia, yes, I’d never trust “QC.”

1 Like

My unity said “QC passed” and then blew up :man_shrugging::eyes:

7 Likes

That’s fair, and I can agree with that, then I would say that both sides have valid points and that everyone should check every part they can get, and that maybe shift your advertising away from the vibe that you can just bolt it on and go. Everyone here is right in a way, so no need to make fun of someone for bringing up a valid point of concern, and no need for everyone to get so toxic.

1 Like

this is honestly a joke, there’s a distinction between selling motor mounts/trucks/motors/etc separately versus a final/assembled/bolt-on and go product

I am done buying from torqueboards, regardless of whether or not he wants to do business with me

goodnight, baby just woke up, new fish to fry

4 Likes

A lot of your customers are average Joes. In fact, my neighbor bought your parts (little salty haha) and he has no idea what he’s doing. Rides without a helmet type noob stuff.

Ok I am out! :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

Agree. I understand why this situation feels very very wrong to everyone. But if you are purchasing products one by one at some point you realize that you no more give a fuck about finished/unfinished product, because you learn to triple-check everything simply because your experience tells you that your life is your own responsibility.

@worldismine772 all of my boards built are from AliExpress components, and I still alive and even not hurt. Maybe it is just a good idea to check what the hell moves you around?

All of you wanna chill, snap three times and get your thing done. Bad. Really bad.

1 Like

was gonna say, @longhairedboy here selling these to avg joes & Joets quite on the reg. Not sure what his pre-shipment practices are though.

That is fukcing hilarious. You will be able to have an epic showdown drag race later.

Yeah this right here is the mentality every vendor should have, the forum is a super tight community and a majority of esk8 people are average joe’s looking to have some fun, and Dex’s website is highly marketed towards people new to esk8. The one thing that rubs me the wrong way is the toxicity from Dex, but worldismine was a tad aggro as well. No need to treat someone that way for bringing up a super valid safety concern, its a bit weird

10 Likes

Someone needs to tell Trampa that :rofl:

Anyways, the proper response would’ve been to accept that it was a lapse in QC, apologize, offer some form of compensation, if necessary, and take steps to prevent this from happening in the future. No need to point fingers here.

The customer should not be expected perform “maintenance” if the vendor did not include such instructions in a part manual or guide of some sort. We all learned the hard way why we should double check bolt connections, and it’s foolish not to do so, but how can you expect customers to do that if you don’t tell them.

19 Likes

Hah

4 Likes

I recently got a set of the trucks and also had the hanger unscrew but this was during removal of the wheels, so I used red locktite and its good now.

I think the main takeaway here is it is NOT obvious those hangers unscrew and in some cases they need double checking that they are on tight. I had no idea these unscrew and was very surprised to see it. I’m all about checking things but how can you check something you don’t even know exists?

9 Likes

100% agree, I was super aggressive here, when it concerns my safety potentially being effected due to an incompetent negligent company selling products without proper service advisements, I am going to be aggressive - because I’d be an idiot not to be.

Anybody I buy from on here knows I am good to deal with, send 0sec payments, and keep any problems/concerns to private discussion. But I am tired of this specific product consistently failing and dex’s blase attitude about it.

If I had sent him a message about it, I’d be lucky to get a response in 4 weeks.

also, I wouldn’t say I’m 100% the average Joe, my job is extremely technical, so I’m used to big brain shit, but let homie know that the axle’s of his motor train might fall off because we don’t have a problem shipping out shotty/unchecked units that are marketed as just bolt-on

or at the very least advise me that i NeEd To LeArN tO fAlL BeTtEr before I almost have a catastrophic incident because of aforementioned shit

but on some level, yes, just here to do some zooms and have some fun and build nice stuff, it’s not my day job

14 Likes

The community here is so used to being treated like garbage by certain other vendors and products that I won’t mention that they’ve pretty much internalized the burden of actually making the stupid product work despite having paid full price for it.

13 Likes

Hi welcome to the forum. :tada::tada::tada::clap::clap:

4 Likes