PSA: Be super careful with TorqueBoards Direct Drives, almost got very injured again with them

I’d like see more companies, not just TB, include “suggested maintenance tips” along with the products.

34 Likes

Sorry that we have different views on safety / QC requirements :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

This is a good idea.

3 Likes

Exactly. Dex actually does customer service. I know this directly. He’s always done me well.

This exactly. DIY electric skateboards is going nowhere but forward. I’ve received the best customer service from him/them. They do work!!!

6 Likes

Same. It’s what’s needed. Especially because of everything that surrounds this type of biz.

3 Likes

i don’t literally want homie to go out of business, but don’t tell me that i’m essentially in the wrong for your companies lack of QC QC

i’ll still order from him if he doesn’t blacklist me for this

2 Likes

It does suck. But you might actually be the camel that broke the straws back. And that’s a good thing.

Just sucks it was you. Ya know?

2 Likes

You’re right for sure!

You’re going to get you shit replaced. If it’s not from TB, it’ll be from us. Gotchu boo…

4 Likes

Dex, we still need those 130s, don’t u dare go out of business.

But to be fair, their DD doesn’t have the best experience for a finished product, I’ve also encounter the rattling noise and axle loosened problem, although I found solution either here or used my own method, I do think torqueboard could use a bit more QA/QC.

4 Likes

I’ve personally never used it before but I adore the direct drive on my Revel kit, never had a problem with it. It’s definitely a cool product

2 Likes

I always fear the revel kit is gonna break after a curb drop, hows it holding up for u?

1 Like

I’m still confused as to how this happened on your drives, mine were glued to the threads and it took a lot of swearing and a metric shitload of effort to get mine off :thinking:

2 Likes

No issues after 250 miles, half of which were on 90mm wheels

I don’t drop off curbs though :joy:

It’s just a perfect beginner board imo. Anyway derailing the thread haha

1 Like

I wish revel would offer their DD’s without the kit part, I love my revel DD’s. That’s what got me into DD’s in the first place, extremely different experience.

depending on my experience with gear drives, I will likely switch exclusively to them until these DD’s stop giving me so many issues

4 Likes

Yeah they’re pretty neat. I don’t think Flo has any intention of selling parts separately though. Makes the whole thing way more complicated

I imagine it does

I also wouldn’t classify a thread where people are voicing concern about the products they are risking their lives on as a dumpster fire :man_shrugging: change and progress is made through feedback, sometimes it takes critical feedback to get real progress

3 Likes

Ugh…

2 Likes

In all honesty, and I don’t mean to be a dick, but part of the problem is I notice you guys dick ride dex and never call him out on his shortcomings, he works for your money, not the other way around.

When someone is operating in a substandard way, at some point they get called out on it, don’t attack the customer. Get real.

(normally I wouldn’t spend so much time on a subject, slow weekend)

18 Likes

Hey hey hey!!!

I do dick ride Dex! But it’s only because he reciprocates!!! Seriously though. Pretty sure he’ll hook you up. Hopefully???

4 Likes