PSA: Be super careful with TorqueBoards Direct Drives, almost got very injured again with them

9 Likes

So are we all friends again? @worldismine772 @torqueboards

Hands in…

COCK SALADS ON 3!

4 Likes

I just don’t care anymore, he will never be reasonable over this situation or any situation/issue that I’m involved in it seems, and the fact he is making me pay for a motor replacement on the DD’s that failed within 1 mile makes me even more sour. I asked him to just eat the $150 cost to replace as some nice gesture/good will to move forward but he would not even do that. Which I think is a very small price to pay to find some peaceful/nice way to move forward.

Who I really feel bad for are the ones who really depend on any gear they buy from him that fails, because this demonstrates that he will do nothing to resolve their situations and will be without boards - which I hear several instances of.

soooo :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Well send it to me and I will fix it for you for 139.95. best I can do.

4 Likes

Lol after reading this thread, I ended up buying all this shit and it came two days later through UPS

#VoteWithYourWallet :smirk:

7 Likes

Oh for sure he ships very fast, but so do a lot of shit companies.

Shipment time is not really a good metric for gauging the quality of a company, but after-sale support is.

Personally I also voted with my wallet after this thread by buying premium motors, at a premium, to avoid having TB on my boards.

1 Like

I agree, but I guess it’s on a case by case.

I’ve never had a problem with Dexter. I had a bad ESC once, sent it back, got a brand new one a day later. Replaced my TB40 deck for free. Replaced my bent motor mounts for free.

Sorry y’all had a bad one thkugh.

3 Likes

Equally, I hear of those whose ESC’s have failed and he will do nothing about it.

So it really comes down to who you are.

All good.

1 Like

the new enclosure fits the original TB40? :eyes: the matte black finish me likey, and of course the heatsink :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Nah I have the version 2 TB40, not sure about the original

1 Like

#forgottobuylocktite
:joy:

7 Likes

maybe u help to quick check with below dimensions?
much appreciated

2 Likes

Yeah just checked, 120mm apart and 220mm across. Should work.

But just in case, @torqueboards

1 Like

Really sharp kit of parts. Going to be a hard kit to beat for the people who need a quick build. @torqueboards is making it too easy.

6 Likes

This new deck also fits 21700 cells :grin:

3 Likes

For a cookie cutter board that everyone has, can’t beat it.

(not saying it’s not nice though :-))

2 Likes

Yep, would have to ship the esc back long time ago, never even passed detection, and I would have to cover the shipping to him, that would be more than the esc itself

1 Like

Hello all, been a while… Don’t get to ride much nowadays unfortunately. But I never sold the board. Maybe I am too attached to it from the hours spent refining it. Anyways… after reading through the 100 unreads in this thread I just wanted to give my 2c on this issue from a long time user.

After the initial setup and tweaking, these drives have been performing extremely well for about 15 months. Cleaned and oiled every now and then. Pretty low maintenance. Very impressive performance of course.

However, I did a FULL board teardown over the summer to route out my vanguard deck. I’m took every part off the board and cleaned it. Only after taking the wheels off the motors and the motors off the hangers did I accidentally discover the axles were threaded and loose. I was not informed about this when I purchased them. So naturally, I locktited them and let it cure as I worked on my deck over a couple days.

I understand that this is DIY and my safety is dependent on my ability to properly build, maintain, and tweak my board. However, only because I did a major teardown did I stumble upon a potential issue that I was not aware of. I love these drives and I love eskate. No one wants anyone getting hurt. A little communication goes a long way in preventing unnecessary litigation and injury.

At the end of the day, it was a new product that hadn’t been on the market long and was primarily marketed to us, a small, intense, DIY crowd. There are unknowns and oversights in launching and developing a new product. But it’s been well over a year now. All eskate board and part manufactures should be held to a higher standard to provide in depth documentation about the things they are selling.

TLDR: Documentation is good and we need more of it in eskate.

14 Likes

:clap::clap::clap: I’ll placing this in “best replies” shortly.

1 Like