PROPEL All-Terrain Off-Road Electric Skateboards

Imagine if each board got a water resistance rating from @b264

1 Like

It’s wintertime and we had our first light dusting of snow last night. Only a matter of time before there’s more. And then comes the rock salt, the meltwater, and the brine spray all over the esk8s. The bane of esk8 existence.

2 Likes

I already locked up my 6384 motors after I forgot to dry properly. They are a PITA to maintenance so Ima wait for something bad to happen. I have bearings to swap so perhaps I should be proactive. No mention of locked up motors in that video so I guessed I really let mine get covered then sat overnight.

How are the Endeavor pros holding up? Now that we are in 2022, changes in opinion?

1 Like

That one :point_up_2:t3: with the widened hubs is mine and still running great, I added a bluetooth module from a fried Focbox and did a little more tuning.

1 Like

If only someone had taught us the importance of loctite on our axles

Seems like there is no shoulder engagement on that axle. Only threads.

Same intention so I ordered mine back in August and still waiting… let me know which enclosure you will go for as I also have a mate who wants to do the same

1 Like

1 Like

Hey, this is Russ from PVG. I simply make the videos the customers ask for. On our FB business page, we encourage customers to give input as to what they’d like to see and what they think others might benefit from seeing as how they are owners and have experience with the board. Their input has been an awesome resource and the main drive behind what tutorials I build. As an example, not everyone has dealt with type of wheel before, for some customers, this is their very first esk8, etc Here on the esk8news forum, you have a high caliber of rider so this stuff is boring and old hat, I get it,lol
Some of the videos are basic, some are more complicated but the goal is to have as many resources available for the rider as we can and we’ve gotten some great feedback regarding having an online service and repair library available 24/7/365

3 Likes

@Lee_Wright have you thought about trying to fit M1-AT drives onto the endeavor since the belts are it’s weakest point? I think it would just need longer shoulder bolts and a way to hold the drive securely. The axle holder has plenty of holes for this though. Might need different motors with 8mm rods too.

I was thinking about trying it myself but I won’t be able to for about 6 months.

3 Likes

I had the endeavour for a few weeks and had to give it back mate, was just a review sample

3 Likes

Can anyone recommend a gear drive that could work with the endeavour?

I use it across grass and the biggest issue it cleaning the belts.

1 Like

There is no gear drive I am aware of that works with the endeavor yet, They said they’re looking into making one but gave no timeline or promise it would come out.

3 Likes

Some usefeul things to know about the Endeavour S if youre planning to upgrade:

1. The motor sensor is 5 pin. You will need an 5-6 pin adapter for most new VESCs
  2. The enclosure is ~14cm wide. Some battery packs may be too wide, eg the mboards 12s4p transparent series pack i bought is 16cm wide. Im yet to solve for this problem. The enclusure is very deep though.
  3. The motor pulley is 14t on a 10mm shaft
  4. The motor is 140kva 6374. No idea about the source.
  5. The existing battery pack in the S is 12s3p Samsung 50g. 9.7amps per battery so max battery amps are ~29
  6. If you peel the deck off the wrong way after removing the screws, you will snap the antenna
  7. the existing battery pack is quite thick and doesnt easily transfer over into other patforms, eg an evolve.
1 Like

I have a question I don’t think deserves its own topic.

I wanted to use the MBS Rockstar II Hubs on the Endeavor but I cannot figure out if the 72t sprocket for the rear will align with the holes from the rim to the sprocket.

I tried emailing them and they didn’t know if it would either but they don’t have any kinda diagram to measure the holes or how spaced their are like the MBS hubs have on their product page ( seen below )

Anyone know if this would work?

1 Like

Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

iirc the endpro uses trampa style hubs

2 Likes

I’ve got the Endeavor S…as mentioned it uses the Trampa stud pattern which is different to MBS. I was looking at my options too to fit MBS. I have the MBS 72T wheel pulley…this doesn’t have enough clearance to fit over the weird axle set up. You would need the offset wheel pulley design like one of Trampa’s 66T OBD slave pulley

1 Like

Thanks both @Ives & @Fosterqc for the assistance.

1 Like