PROPEL All-Terrain Off-Road Electric Skateboards

Looks like they’ve released bindings for them.

From first glance they actually look pretty nice, much closer to F5s than Trampa style bindings, and aren’t exclusive to the Endeavour so you can theoretically mount them on any board. It’s not clear to me how they attach to the deck though.

2 Likes

Looks like one screw for each end of the binding, that goes through the plate, and then two screws to attach the plate to the deck

3 Likes

2 Likes

Interesting so they rely more on the bindings themselves for lift rather than the L-brackets we typically see. I’m curious how they feel for lifting the board, as it looks like pretty thin points of contact with the sides of the foot.

1 Like

I was just having the same thought, seems a little wobbly

Skateboards, particularly the electric variants, can take on rough roads. But like a car, these skateboards need a specific structure to work in these challenging places.

That’s good to know!

Custom CNC suspension control arms.

5 Likes

Those tires look pretty awesome

2 Likes

@RipTideSports any thoughts?

1 Like

Some of these bushings are being sent to me to have a look

2 Likes

Hmm first report of this I’ve seen. On this board at least.

Others are backing up this as a real problem.

1 Like

1 Like

Can confirm the bushings do flop over at a certain point. Would love to have some @RipTideSports bushings available for these boards. I’ll have access to my 3D printer again in a month to try the fix but it looks like it would work well.

2 Likes

Which wheels did you use? Did it take any extra effort to get them to work with the Endeavor?

I’d like to fit some slightly wider-than-stock tires, like Qind’s 200x75. They might work on the stock wheels, but I think that a wider wheel would be even better, as long as the wheel pulley still ends up in the same place.

And FWIW, I tried to fit Newbee Pentagram wheels to mine today… the bearing spacing is a little too wide and Newbee’s largest pulley doesn’t quite clear the suspension knuckles. Not a big deal because I have another board they fit just fine, but I was kinda hoping they would work on the Endeavor too. No dice though.

2 Likes

I stole those pics from FB. Guessing it is the deep dish hubs TMpa sells.

Did you happen to take any pics of the hubs not fitting so we can see what ones might work?

good teardown of Endeavor

1 Like

Just to follow up about the wider-hubs thing… Trampa Deep Dish Megastar 9 wheels fit my Endeavor 2’s axles and pulleys just fine.

And about the Qind 200x75 tires I mentioned… I put those on my other board, and they have a wider contact patch than most scooter tires, but they’re still just fxxxing scooter tires. I’m still looking for something not shaped like a donut.

1 Like