Problem with Slick Revolution/iWonder Cloud Wheels (SERIOUS)

Is it a standard value on a skate wheel?

On my mtb wheels, it’s around 25mm

When the diameter of wheel increases, “leverage” on bearings increases also, so it’s better to have more distance between bearings to compensate.

Also larger wheels means faster ride and better grip so horizontal loads also increase…

1 Like

The distance between bearing seats is Standard 10mm on all the Longboard wheels I’ve had

2 Likes

I just remember than when powerkiting began (with more horizontal loads and milage compared to gravity mtb), mtb brands had to use stronger wheels/bearings…

It’s a bit similar to what might happen with larger diameter wheels on Esk8.

Bearing seats and spacer also needed improvement.

2 Likes

I’m sure there’s a physical limit on the diameter of a normal skate wheel before everything goes south, your suggestion is seems to be about right. at 120mm dia, the threshold is probably at its limit.

1 Like

sadly, when you increase this distance, you also increase the leverage on the axle sticking out of the hanger…

For mtb, we switched from 10 mm to 12 mm axle.

1 Like

I want to cast wheels in the design of those Iwonder does anybody want to sell their 2-3 leftovers? Just for the front wheels and the mold…

1 Like

One of my Zealous bearings I had taken out of the cloud wheels was totally seized up.
I can’t say for sure it was from the front wheel that broke.

This… and those short sprockets we constantly use, may cause (by overpressuring) the bearing seat inside rings to break.

2 Likes

5 Likes

So because of quality the champs are still

#1 TB 110 (blue)
#2 107 superfly (green)
#3 100 boa’s (red coz yeah)

disclaimer: please do fight over what should be #2 and #3

4 Likes

This should be in the wheel comparison thread rather…

3 Likes

I would switch #2 and #3. Currently riding 110s on two boards (1 black/1 blue) and Boa 100 reds on another. On the shelf in shame: 107s.

9 Likes

just an idea, why not change the Foamie/Cloud core to AT type of core with bearing seats for 10mm bolts meaning 10mm id and 28mm od bearings used with 16.5mm spacers?

1 Like

i’ve asked for mtb spec urethane wheels, preferably with a cnc’d core, but i don’t know how many others are willing to pay for it

2 Likes

How do you change a core on a urethane wheel?

1 Like

Lathe it out and squeeze what’s left with some rims? If anyone wants to do some science…

Lol, I mean Iwonder factory changes the core model to improve under daily use stress against 120mm sideways force due to wider cores.

1 Like

107s are #1 because it doesn’t set off my Trypophobia… Google it.

2 Likes

No need to google it saying try and phobia ant smart.

Only issue I find with the 107’s is the fear of cracking.

1 Like

Heh, what’s up with all the “post withdrawn” frenzy. :joy:

5 Likes

#1 TB 110 (blue)
#2 107 superfly (green)

The truth is the 107 Superfly is a chunking machine! Is an amputated wheel version which was not originally designed to be such one.

#2 should be the original ABEC11 107mm wheel… the all round liped Electric Flywheel (green) with 75mm width, 62mm CP, and 74a duro, and not the evicerated Superfly with its reduced 57 CP and it’s ridiculous 11mm carved out inside sharped edge face guilty of chunking more of those wheels than Lord Skatan could allow!

4 Likes