Printable Hoyt Puck Shell Repository

I couldn’t find anything like this yet. (Please let me know if I’m missing something.) But I wanted to create a place where people could find files to print just about any puck shell they could want. I just got two pucks and want to have a repository of all possible cases to try. Please don’t hesitate to add your own! Thanks!

8 Likes

Here are the ones I have found so far in no particular order.

2Poast2Mote

2Poast2mote

Batwing

BatWing

DougM’s Hoyt Pro

DougM’s Hoyt Pro

Puck'n'Trigger Mod

Puck’n’Trigger Mod

Nug Puck

Nug Puck

Puck Puck Bruce (PPB)

Puck Puck Bruce (PPB)

Mini Batwing

Mini Batwing

Batwing XL

Batwing XL

14 Likes

I made some mods to the Hoyt Pro, hmu if you want the latest files.

Interesting story (for me anyway) I originally made the tolerances on the remote really tight because I wanted as small a form factor as I could get.

It turned out unfortunately that a standard 3D printer just isn’t accurate enough to match those tolerances (I printed mine on an Onyx printer) so to get it to work you pretty much have to get a service to laser sinter it for you.

But the real surprise was the hot day that I left the remote in the car and of course everything expanded and the buttons stayed pressed indefinitely.

So the new version has more space between the buttons and the case and holes for a wrist strap.

I also added a rest next to the thumbwheel to add a bit more stability to wheel control

6 Likes

That would be awesome!! If you wouldn’t mind providing a link here to the files I just wanna make it easy for people to find cases to try! (If not I’d love the files for myself too, I just ordered my first 2 pucks)

1 Like

Ok, here are the latest files. 2 Caveats:

1. I have not printed/proven this design. So if you print it and you find an issue please let me know and I’ll fix it.
  2. I included various lenses all of different dimensions because 3D printers are pretty variable. The lenses are interference fit, so just keep printing bigger until you find one that sticks.

With that said, here you go

Hoyt Puck housing (final) add020.STEP (2.6 MB)
Mount Plate Only.STEP (1.3 MB)
Puck Housing Back 5.STEP (2.2 MB)
lens 400.STEP (50.5 KB)
lens 402.STEP (50.5 KB)
lens 404.STEP (50.5 KB)
lens 406.STEP (52.5 KB)
lens 408.STEP (52.4 KB)

Now, a request. When I tried to get the Mount Plate Only printed at a commercial Laser Sintering place (JLC3DP) they told me that it was 2 different models and I needed to merge them. I have no idea how to do that.

If one of you 3D modelling geniuses happens to know how to do that please merge the model and send me a STEP.

Thanks,

4 Likes

I really appreciate this. I’m in the process of finding the right shell. Seems like these mods are hard to come by.

2 Likes

This list is awesome! As a regular puck user, there are a few here I didn’t know about. Could you add images in a summary format? Would make browsing a lot easier

Example like this

1 Like

Will do!

2 Likes

Hey, i have this hoyt puck mod, anyone know it’s source?

@tomiboi is this an updated version of your mini-puck? looks similar but has 4 button spots.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I made that. Looks like my coffee table too.

1 Like

I did that one for the Freesk8 competition.

it is my coffee table. I both feel more connected to you, and simultaneously question your answer. :smiley:

is the 4 button version posted somehwere?

1 Like

That’s a good question. I thought I only did three buttons. I’ll have to look deep into my CAD archives to see about that. That’s from forever ago.

2 Likes

Edit; oh, this isn’t the Hoyt puck case. Oopes