Precompiled VESC Tool Archive

what goes with the old focbox? what hardware version?

1 Like

410 411 412

4 Likes

Second this

1 Like

Very detailed, thanks

Added firmware versions next to each VESC tool
Added v3.00 (5.2) and v3.01 (5.3) (released today)
Added missing v2.05, v1.23, v1.14 & v1.00
Added a note that the latest tool works back to firmware version 3.55
Removed firmware compatibility matrix

3 Likes

Need to link the sources also

Itā€™s linked here right? With that link you can see all past changes as well.

Itā€™s better to link a commit if you can because those repos donā€™t use tags or releases or follow many conventions. This will become very difficult to find in no time at all.

Anybody known where I can find the Vesctool 3.00.apk for Android ? I donā€™t trust 3.01 and FW 5.3 .after it messed with my HFI settings.

I reverted to 5.2 firmware, and know 3.01 is supposed to be backwards compatible, but Iā€™d prefer to have the 3.00 version.

1 Like

did you find a solution for this?

Bad news. I received a request from Benjamin to remove binary releases from here:

I will do it on Monday.

6 Likes

That sucks the big one. Would you be prepared to upload the Mac versions to the original post here before you do so?

1 Like

At this point the thing to do is make a user friendly build script that strips out the anything trademarked.
This should already have been in the repo, if standard practices were being followed.

2 Likes

Wait so where are we supposed to get old versions now?

2 Likes

Oh huh I didnā€™t actually realize they were locally hosted

2 Likes

Note that i will be keeping a copy of every version on my storage cluster.

Any files that the community wants to keep, i will store them.

Everyone can always pm me for the files

3 Likes

There is no need for older versions as the archive is built into VESC-Tool now.

Currently available in BETA only, but the next release will also have this feature.
You can load any old FW using BETA and then continue with stable if you like, or use BETA, as VESC-Tool will role back the UI when it finds old FW.

Oh perfect, I havenā€™t used the new vesc tool much so I didnā€™t know

1 Like

There is because vesc tool still throws stones at you when using an older firmware with a newer tool.

1 Like