Power Traverse - electric snowboard

We are going softer with tomorrows molds hopefully you can just gas it down hill too…

This initial design is our trail model. (Trails are packed) This will sustain the business while will we get her to float.

We will add surface area till she does.

FYI Sleds have tracks to float, we have snowboards for that.

If you can pull yourself with you hands this will work.

Have you made a proof of concept showing that moving snow with your paddle would displace enough to push a rider? I’ve gone through your thread and it seems like you are focused on making the v1.0 to ship to people without doing an initial proof of concept to see if this design is feasible.

2 Likes

PS Once you plow over it its packed.

but after your paddle scoops out it’s little bit of snow it can grip, aren’t you dead in the water?

Nothing ships till I have a smile from ear to ear.

1 Like

What kind of analysis did you do to decide your paddle size? It seems like this design would be better in sand then in snow. Snow is just so fluffy you have to move a lot to displace any real amount of mass. Sand vehicles I see use paddles, snow vehicles use tracks.

The first time was a huge :smiley:, on board or sled.

Snow is more like cement or corn here in California.

It may not be good every day.

If it’s a pow day hit the slopes, as conditions deteriorate this will get better.

If it can run the trails I have a job and can move to the mountains :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tell me how uphill testing goes because this is by far the most important.

Since Covid, all ski lifts are closed in France, and having something to take you up the slope would be just fucking awesome.
Lifts are shut until the 20th of January and by then we will have the 3rd wave… It doesn’t look like we will have a ski season

4 Likes

This is your lift ticket this season…
6 Likes

Traverse in, Winch up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

May I also suggest that you have a guy in the EU to make batteries?

1. Because shipping batteries from US to EU is a bitch

2.cells are much cheaper in the EU.

1. There are some super great battery builders in the EU that are amazing at what they do such as @tinp123 @Acido
6 Likes

Great idea.

1 Like

BYOB :beers:

2 Likes

I’ll stick my hand up for building batteries for powered snowboards.
I have experience of snow. And batteries. :grin:

8 Likes

Yeah but the UK isn’t in the EU anymore

5 Likes

France is though?:thinking:

1 Like

Fuckin awesome indeed!

1 Like

:joy: