Power Traverse - electric snowboard

lol

i totally agree, but certainly, a backpack is better than your jeans pocket… especially if you also have your ski jacket on :grin:

2 Likes

Is that a word? Afraid to google it lol

2 Likes

I think that will only work with tons of powder, if you hit something, probably will brake…Also you are loosing the capability to use the board edges when you are being pushed…I think I like the idea of a center mass riding, some king of caterpillar with suspension (between the bindings)…That will probably be a more all arround board…But not as good as your prototipe under heavy power at the highest peaks…

1 Like

@Santino The system has 2 general uses targeted.

Trail use IE hard pack in which we offer a smaller paddle design.

Deeper mode: The deeper mode uses longer 115mm paddles.

The system can be trimmed to current conditions using base wedges. Seen above in blue. These trim the wheel up or down up to 6 degrees. When trimmed out properly you should be able to get just the blade engaged in the snow while your edges are still flat.

The arm flexibility will keep your edges in the snow.

The paddles are made of 6 replaceable parts

Battle tested

If they break it’s probably your fault…

5 Likes

The arms can also be adjusted.

Currently 3 different arm lengths

Short arms tuck the wheel tight on swallow tail directional boards.

Longer arms to get deeper…

5 Likes

Very interested to see some real testing in the snow once the power system is figured out!

2 Likes

Johnny 5 is alive. :call_me_hand:

18 Likes

out of curiosity have you ridden a summerboard electric freeboard? or a non electric freeboard?

Johnny 5 is very alive!

OMG. Im so loving your concept so far. Backpack, backpack…lol Ill make one and test it at Mt. Hood.

4 Likes

yes and yes.

@powertraverse what price are you trying to aim for the whole kit?

It’s going to come down to batteries and controllers.

$1200-2400 Is the wholesale target. Plan to sell 100 alpha 16s units to riders. 40+ pre-sold.

Kickstarter to follow once we get some killer content.

I was first trying to develop a base system and grow. It was a challenge to keep cost down and hit performance goals. So now we will build the best prototypes we can. Sell them and then work to dial in production costs. We will build the best bang for the buck. Quality and performance first.

We’ve already learned a ton building this model and major revisions are expected before production runs. Model 009 in design stay tuned.

1 Like

Kickstarter is a bad idea.

2 Likes

We will ship independently of kickstarter. It will be used to promote the brand.

Please buy direct, DM for deal :wink:

1 Like

We will make them in batches, expect improvements with each batch.

They will evolve continuously.

1 Like

Friday we should have 2 of them in the snow testing.

If we pass this test we will move to motor case design.

New case design will allow us to insert the paddles directly into the motor. No extra hardware.

Less is more.

4 Likes

This changes my thoughts on this project entirely. Color me intrigued. I believe going up hill and powder riding will be the toughest part that will need an immense amount of power.
Ripping around on flats/lakes seems entirely possible, as well as low angle cat tracks.

Quick release is absolutely necessary for any down hill ambitions.
If my wallet is feeling frisky, I may need to jump on a early unit. I have many lake’s and 300 vt/ft hardpack hills to test on. As well as old boards to sacrifice.
Keep rocking dude!

2 Likes

You don’t need to go UPHILL to have fun. Lots of low angle hills often un-rideable now all yours. Working terrain is an art and if executed properly you can rip bowls, hills or groomed trails.

I envision a trail sled. If we get lucky she will be able to float and plane out in pow.

Floating pow would be a game changer and is the mission.

2 Likes

It’s going to have to be some hard packed snow to get any traction without just digging a hole won’t it? It’s kind of like you have a paddle boat, with way more friction and way less to grab on to. Once it digs its hole it doesn’t fill back up like water.

1 Like

We may need a gear box to get the required torque.

We are hoping to pull through the loss of friction to get into the RPMs.

no gearbox = 2000RPM+

1 Like

Snow is less dense then water, unless it’s hard packed it’s gotta just dig a hole. Otherwise you would be able to use this design on a lake as a wakeboard… I think mathematically your paddle can’t displace enough snow to move a rider. And that’s why most snow vehicles use tracks.

1 Like