Imgur

13 Likes

money_gun2

2 Likes

6 data pins would be a lot better though :wink:

not a dealbreaker for me

2 Likes

think I can change a 5 to a 6 in the cad file :wink:

I’ll make you a few when I know they work. (The internals on the JST terminals are a pain to reverse engineer)

1 Like

Imgur

Due to supply issues overseas we decided to take control of the motor design.

The goal is 7-8Kw 60-120V waiting on electrical engineers to provide more data…

9 Likes

Please read through this thread if you’re going to make high output packs. I wouldn’t keep this battery you built inside of my garage let alone my house

3 Likes

If you read this thread Jack you would see that this was already appropriately addressed and that they are now outsourcing it

Besides, it’s not that insane. It’s not great but it’s not that much of a fire hazard compared ot others we’ve seen

1 Like

Why?

They my not be the prettiest spot welds but the parallel groups are insulated & taped. Do you see a short?

They will get hit with new spot welder on Thursday.

That said. We have been in contact with some of the battery vendors listed here.

When we say we need 20 packs a week they laugh. The last pack took 4 weeks to get 1.

We are already in progress getting custom nickel plates cut for our packs and working on all the little things to make the packs look pretty.

We have been given links to some nice packs and will work to come up with a safe process.

Feedback is welcome especially on batteries.

1 Like

20 packs a week could be exceeding the combined throughput of all the battery builders here on all continents, all put together :rofl:

4 Likes

I think the only person that could output that quantity is ChiBatterySystems

They have machines and a whole team

I know he’s not on the forum much @b264 he was just the only one that came to mind that I could think of outputting 20 packs a week. They probably build 50 onewheel packs a week at least

1 Like

Mostly the lack of fishpaper rings makes me think more mistakes were made elsewhere.

I didn’t mean to come off as harsh as I did. I’m sorry

I really like your product, I’m just scared of batteries

3 Likes

The lack of rings feels just a little amateur or lazy

Other than that, it’s just the sharp corners and some questionable weld consistency. Not too bad.

We did hit a few without rings was not intentional.

2 Likes

What are your thoughts on submerging the pack in polyurethane foam?

The idea would be to design a waffle shaped mold to drop the pack into ensuring nothing ever makes any contact while supporting the rider in a crash.

3 Likes

Look at lunacycle, they have a completely cast battery pack

4 Likes

Imgur

65mm “All Terrain” paddles.

100mm “Deeper” & 45mm “Trail” in progress

We opt for 16 paddles, the prototypes used 12.

We will test mixing the paddle sizes together.

6 Likes

So long as that terrain is snow?

4 Likes

Deeper than a groomed trail. Designed for 4-6" fresh snow.

Envision using these to get out in the woods on trail and be able to venture off trail.

On hard pack they are too long so a shorter paddle will be designed offering more torque/traction. Think streets, ice lakes, trails.

We are hoping we will be able to use the big paddles on trail but ultimately carry enough speed to float on top destroying bowls, more open flatter terrain.

May not be the best in super dry deep stuff but with a few days of crust it’s going to be crazy fun.

I was able to chug up a pretty decent grade, if we had any snow I could have blasted down.

Boosted turns are a thing. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I seem to require awesome drone footage of this now

7 Likes

what about a tank tread attachment for hard pack snow?