🚀 Post your board's power stats!

Dude I have no idea why mine blew. I was near top speed so it was 40 amps per side!

That’s fucking terrifying. I’m glad you were ok

Sorry, I wasn’t correct I am putting out 100 amps from the battery and 80 per motor. I am quite light though, so I rarely get anywhere near max current.

I did that because it is what someone else with identical equipment to me did, and I copied it, what do they actually mean though?

Deck: boundmotor octopus.
Motors: radium 245kv. 2wd.
Battery: 13s8p m50LT 21700.
Gearing, currently: 16/65t changing to 16/78t.
Wheels, currently: 175mm changing to 165mm meepo cyclone tyres.
Battery amps: 60a per side.
Motor amps: 100a with a 150a peak per side.
Vesc: MakerX D75.
Not to sure of exact total watts being pulled. I estimate a persistant of 5000w with a peak of 6500w - 7000w.

Super smooth acceleration and surprisingly fast to exceed 50+kph.

6 Likes

You can also use this The Ultimate esk8 calculator - with Force in Newtons to get better idea of how that changes at the wheels feel. But dropping to 165 and higher gear ratio should definitely get you better torque.

2 Likes

Upgraded setup:

Current setup:

Thanks mate, I’ve attached the results.

2 Likes

ok
someone reacted to this, and i have no clue what i said here

1 Like

Got some internal shots? Cuious how you managed a 13s8p in that enclosure, i thought the octopus encl. Was a 12s8p?

Whats your clearance going to be like on 165?

I dont I’m sorry mate. If I open it up again I’ll post some for you. Basically I have enough room for the battery, BMS and MakerX D75 with plenty of room to spare for wires, etc. The enclosure is designed for a 4wd setup so a 12s8p would be incredibly tight but possible. Whereas with a 2wd setup you could run a 16s8p 21700 battery with a tight fit motor controller.

Clearance, I had 8.5cm on 175mm tyres, on 165 I have 7.5cm clearance.

IF i could cool it enough, OR for for short distance it makes
12 Kilowatts =

16.092265 Horsepower
ultimate goal is

going down hill yesterday on the group ride my DavegaX said i had 100 miles of range, @skyart put. a small reactor in it 14s 12p 42a(thats like equal to a dozen AAA duracells)

i want someone to print me some wings, see if i can take flight

3 Likes

Hey mate, heres an image of the internals inside my old landyachtz evo enclosure made by eboosted.

The main difference between that enclosure and the boundmotor one is that the boundmotor is slightly shorter but doesnt have the slanting internal walls which loose around 6cm of length which gives it more internal room.

3 Likes

Total max force 850 Newtons

Torque rating now a 9 out of 10! If I wasn’t using a puck remote with in built throttle curve it would probably be 10.

Geared to 68km/h so I guess that’s why it’s so torquey.

Loving the 4wd as I get no more thermal throttling issues so I can keep pushing it hard with no performance drop.

8 Likes
  • qty motors: 4WD
  • motor kv: 170 if I remember correctly
  • gear ratio 5:1
  • wheel diameter 8 inch, bout to try 6.5
  • battery configuration (18s 6000mah lipo x 4)
    Per motor:
  • battery current max: 80
  • motor current max: 100

**Subjectively, how would you rate this build’s torque (acceleration) on a 1-10 scale? 8

and follow-up question: how many total miles(or kilometers) have you esk8ed? (im going for order of magnitude percision here, so 100s, 1.000s, 10.000s, 1.000.000s, ect. )

5-10k miles on every build I’ve made maybe. Odometers are new lol

2x ubox v2 100v100a x2. Thats a mouthful. Something special to replace those on the way due to overcurrent warnings on the test bench. Can’t push above 80 amps battery with this controller/motor combo. Motor cutouts while riding this amount of power is just too dangerous.

About 66 wh/mi with current settings.

2 Likes

Dream Chaser

12960 watt peak

Milf Hunter
20s3p P42A (90 battery amps total)
Spintend Ubox (95 phase amps each side)
Skyart 6485 125 kv
Boardnamics 3.95 gear ratio on 8-9 inch tires
6480 watt peak

3 Likes

Jesus, up to 77wh/mi with the smaller wheels lol.

Hit my first current cut on any build I’ve ever made using VESC, stayed on problem but hit my shin on the board, nothing too bad. Power resumed quickly. I didn’t push it too hard after that.

Was looking into seeing if I could pull off 130A on 190KV FS 6384 motors, but then I saw this. Guess I got my answer.

RaceBro

2WD
175KV Reachers, 6495
5.2 BN straight cuts
208mm diameter 80mm flat contact patch CST slicks
21S4P P42A
Makerx D100S with external heatsink
Haero Bro deck with F5 bindings and heelstraps
Tito Duality trucks in two weeks hopefully, until then BN310

200A motor current per motor (400A total)
90A battery current per motor (180A total)

The most I managed to pull so far is 162A (21S) with ~12V sag, about 11.9kW. About 13kW theoretical max after sag.

Acceleration: 7/10
(in G force :grin:)
Also 7/10 subjectively, it’s no good if it’s physically possible to full throttle it and I can do that no problem. :laughing:

Calculated top end 64mph before voltage sag - probably 57ish in the real world. I haven’t gone over 35 on it yet though. I’m more about feeling the Gs than top end.

Gonna become 4WD eventually mainly for the braking grip, and smaller wheels and / or higher ratio also on the table but probably completely unnecessary. Aiming for sub 1 sec 0-20 mph

1 Like

Stretch those 8x3’s man, you’ll love the way they feel.

3 Likes

It’s still the 9x3.5s actually but they measure more like 8.3" / 208mm height because I only have 1 bar / 15psi in them. They feel awesome with so low pressure. I’ll stretch them an extra 10mm though when I put the double angular bearings in. Maybe an extra 20mm even if I can find M4x100 screws somewhere

In the current weather they slip about 1G cornering though and they don’t heat up basically at all. I am hoping it will get better as the weather heats up or when I finish my tire warmer project

1 Like