Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Looks good, try them out!

There’s a guy with a shop in Asheville, North Carolina that sells 4 crossair hubs with tubes and tires and bearings for $56 + shipping. The hubs aren’t useful for most of our applications. I don’t know of any pulleys for them. (I think I remember someone adapting a chain sprocket to one)

The innova tires I’ve gotten from him have held up fairly well for my riding. At $56 it’s a pretty good deal for tubes and tires and if you need new bearings that’s a bonus.
I found him via eBay but contacted through his shop at the link above and got a little discount ordering a few sets. That was awhile ago but he still stocks/has them.

Edit: you have to select a quantity of 4 for the $56

7 Likes

Some of those hubs are pretty good looking. Never even heard of these.

2 Likes

They were made by ground industries. Back around 10 years ago they had their own decks and spring trucks too. They haven’t been around for quite awhile maybe 2012ish… I think

2 Likes

Seems like a pretty great deal. That shipping though…

3 Likes

$5 shipping?

The terraintula hubs are definitely the highest quality but unless you’re using them analog or doing something custom they’re not worth the extra.

1 Like

I have an analog board these can go on if I don’t have any luck with putting pulleys on them. Still a banging deal even if none of them work out for eMTB.

2 Likes

Can you post a link to these inserts?

They come with the UnTrampa wheels if you specify. You can buy them separately but I haven’t.

8 inch Pneumatic Alloy Rubber Wheel (Red Tire, tube, Red & White hub x4)

Send them a message.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/China-quality-High-quality-5-6_60792485120.html?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.1d543e5f3ajU8Q

3 Likes

How are the treads faring? Any estimate on how many kms you can put on them?

I’ve got close to 200 miles on the knobbies, on asphalt. The still look almost new. I couldn’t guess on the street tires, a lot.

2 Likes

The Terraintula wheels are out of stock. Probably don’t exist anymore. Welp, those were the only ones I was really interested in…

Does anyone have a tipp for a 10" tire which fits MBS hubs? (no Trampa)

Need to be offroad or is street OK?

The fivestar are the only hubs they claim hold 9" tires unless you’re printing a hub widener…

The 260x85 tires fit the fivestars, pretty much any other 10" tires I’ve found will be too wide. Maybe a 90/90-4, but you’ve got me talking out of my ass now. There aren’t any 10" tires that fit the smaller standard mbs wheel hubs, and I’ve only found one 9" option that fit, and they are the roadies @Venom121212 just picked up.

1 Like

US $5.04 17%OFF | Motorcycle 10 x 2.5 10x2 4.10/3.50-4 3.00-4 Inch Inner Outer Tire Tyres Tube For ATV Electric Gas Scooter Wheel Wheelchair Moped
https://a.aliexpress.com/sM969RZq

Check out the 3.0-4 option

I agree they will be awkwardly wide. I kind of want to try them for science though.

There’s even an 11" option lol

I have the 9" offraod already and it’s my favorite tire so far, that’s why I’m thinking to test 10" aswell. I just want to get sure that they fit the standard MBS/Trampa/Evolve hub size.

PS: min. PSI should be 50. I like do inflate my tires actually to 60PSI.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve been struggling to find a 10" offroad variant. I’ll keep you posted if you do the same.

1 Like

Sounds great! BTW what means 4.1/3.5-4? I just understand sizes like 10x2 which make sense to me.

2 Likes