Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

The issue is majority of hubs used here are 4" hubs. That would only leave a half inch between the hub and the tire. I can’t imagine a half inch diameter tube holding up well.

I think for pneumatics that small, smaller hubs are necessary. Bergmeisters are 6" and some of the smallest I’ve seen. I believe they are still a 4" hub. Would be nice to add that to info above.

2 Likes

A little while in pictures only, someone posted that they were testing out 5inch wheels. Let me see if I can find it again.

Found it!

5 Likes

Very interesting. It looks like an airless wheel almost lol. I wonder if it’s a 4" core still. Good find!

2 Likes

are the hole spacings in the superstar spoke accurate?

Yeah, as close as I could get with multiple measurements

The only thing that I know is little off in the triangular shape of the tip of each spoke, the angle is too shallow in mine and I didn’t had time to fix

1 Like

Hey, I would like to add also the weight to all those wheels, because I made some interesting discoveries. E.g. 7" Evolve wheels are significant heavier than 8" MBS wheels.

I can start with Evolve hubs and Evolve 6" and 7" road tires and MBS Rockstar II and Five Star hubs with 8" road tire and 9" off road tire.

All wheels weighted with bearings and spacers.

3 Likes

It might be best to just measure hub weight alone (with or without bearings, should be a standard).

Tires and tubes are too variable imo.

3 Likes

Agreed. I have noticed that Most manufacturers also give weights without tyres.

I can to it, but in the end you always will use hubs and tires together.
But that’s no problem to measure them separately.

3 Likes

I feel that and I sincerely appreciate your knowledge input. I just know that Ali express 8" tires and several of mbs’s 8" tires are all different weights due to material and tread pattern. Just seems like an easier standard to set.

Q do you like with or without bearings?

1 Like

Just the hubs works be ideal so we know we’re comparing like for like.

You can run lots of the hubs with 2 different bearing sizes and I assume these have different weights so with bearings doesn’t seem as consistent

2 Likes

Just ordered some of those AT Aliexpress tires @Venom121212 reccomends yesterday. Interested to see how they compare to primo alphas. Half the price!

3 Likes

witch wons?

1 Like
2 Likes

2 Likes

They’ll be harder at first but soften up nicely after a ride or two. Hope you like em

1 Like

I may update later every tire and every hub separately. I just test MBS tires with MBS hubs und Evolve tires with Evolve Hubs and TB tires with TB hubs so far. So its pretty consistent though.

Here some new measurements:
TB 160mm tire TB 160mm hub

Is anyone familiar with this tire?
I haven’t had any luck finding info on where it’s from.
I have only seen it in an eBay listing.

3 Likes

I saw it on instagram X boards or something

3 Likes