Big wheels deck options?

At style deck is pretty crucial but you can use regular skate trucks with a ~30° wedge to balance.

2 Likes

I ran 8" and clone ats trucks on a 40" drop deck, I really liked that setup

1 Like

That’s the question

What about these: https://www.mbs.com/parts/12101-mbs-ats12-truck-system-white-1

Can you share a picture?

Thanks for the input guys, keep them coming

10mm axles are easier to work with than 8mm

All the solutions I tried to use them on 8mm (expensive bearings or hub inserts) I didn’t think were very good.

I didn’t personally like the ride and went to bergs on this

4 Likes

Yah, I think you need bearing reducers though for the hub.

1 Like

I think @mmaner used sunmate wheels and hubs?

As for the deck, TB drop deck is super cool. :grin:

These will get you to 8mm but I think they feel sloppy and make the wheel wobble feel worse. There could be a better option with sunmate I haven’t tried those.

+1 for Evo as a solid option

The trucks just need to be 230+ I think

2 Likes

@Brently are those tires the same as these? 7”?
Where’d you get them?

2 Likes

Yes my friend @Broly sells emm. Great tire firm sidewalls, cool pattern, good rubber.

2 Likes

This is cool, been eyeing the Evo for some time.
What is the setup? How do you like it? What can you expect for a range?

Right now I’ve built it with just the parts I had laying around. So it’s a 12s4p 30Q hooked up to some 6365 170kvs. 7” air so I only get around 10miles from full charge. It’s a nice comfy commuter.

2 Likes

I used those trucks with a 20° tipped deck (mbs colt 90 constellation) and enjoyed it until I started jumping at the dirt track and one snapped on me shortly after.

I put those trucks on a mtb deck (30° tipped as most mtbs are) and the turning was miserable.

I then thought, “ok so I’ll just get 15° wedges from muirskate”.

…except they don’t drill the holes the right way :expressionless:

1 Like

If your axles are long enough you can use 8x28x8 bearings, they are 1mm wider than the 12x28x7 bearings that are usually used, but it not an issue

1 Like

Ok, got it! For some reason I thought these are for regular deck
I’ll forget about these then.

Slightly off topic, is 20-22mi range a reasonable number for AT tires? Light terrain

If you’re light, that will help a lot, but you’ll need a p big battery to get 20mi out of AT wheels. Something like 20ah+.

Throw some numbers into this calc to get some ideas https://calc.3dservisas.eu/

2 Likes

Generally I’d say half the efficiency of urethane but that’s not set in stone.

1 Like

These will get you to 8mm but I think they feel sloppy and make the wheel wobble feel worse.

Talk to @Schulerbible; he custom made a few for his build much better and precise than Board Bumpers addressing their sloppiness.

1 Like

This is a ride I took from 100% battery down to cutoff. I was more or less full throttling the entire time because it was a wide open bike path. Also only rocking a 10s5p (15Ah) battery. I think it’s definitely achievable with a 12s maybe 6p.

17.5 mile

1 Like

Something like this might work right?