Peregrine Falcon

No screw heads to break the nice grip tape surface.
I haven’t seen anybody use Inserts for the truck bolts. seems perfectly sturdy, but I wonder if I’m gonna learn something the hard way. That coupled with the crazy riser setup may cause me to make some changes.

6 Likes

Yes you’re build is gorgeous but No you can’t call it Peregrine Falcon if it’s not the fastest board out there :thinking:

1 Like

Ive never tried it but it is a little concerning… considering your feet are never gonna be in those spots, i’d just be putting regular hardware through. Maybe get some x-things or moonbeams for a bit of flair

Haha that’s fair, I’m not trying to say anything by it. It isn’t a particularly fast board but I wanted to stick with the falcon. Motif, so that’s what we have.

The decision was mostly cosmetic. If anything feels off after the first few test miles, I’ll go with a regular mount.

3 Likes

Dude nice evo but hell no on inserts for truck mounts. Those decks have zero flex so all the vibration transfers to the trucks. They will give on you especially with all that rise and that could be very dangerous. x thingys look awesome and keep you safe.

20 Likes

@Dareno @glyphiks What are these things called and where can I buy them in red with a falcon ?

Found it, This is here for anyone reading thats curious:
Contacting @akhlut
https://www.esk8.parts/
Topic on X-Braces

2 Likes

@akhlut will do custom orders and his work is impeccable.

Alright so here’s a thing.
My unity powers on despite the antispark bring removed. I hit the push button and it boots. My assumption is that the power is running through the balance leads.

I am aware that I am running a 13s BMS on a 12s, when I started this, the younger more wild me wanted to build a 13s build. It being a dumb BMS it should work at
10s

1 Like

The issue disappeared when I disconnect the BMS balance wire bunch. Is this a problem? As long as I dont rode without the loopkey it should be fine but what exactly did I do wrong? Or is this normal?

So there’s something wonky with this BMS. If I connect to charge, no current is drawn, yet I do see the battery voltage. Doesn’t really make sense to me at all. Gonna just order 10s BMS. Tune in next weekend for the update.

1 Like

If that’s a 13s bms and you’re running it bypassed on a 12s battery I’m guessing that’s your issue. There’s a few BMS’s out there that support that kinda thing but I would rather run no BMS than one that isn’t made for the battery.

3 Likes

@Agressivstreetlamp

The ones for the enclosure from @eBoosted/@stratoglide work great. However the ones I bought on Amazon for the trucks are not so great. They have thin wall and a few have snapped open during insertion. They’re in there now and the breaking has actually caused them to wedge themselves in. They are also gorilla glued in. Luckily the threaded part is not damaged just the hex key portion

These inserts suck

So, I assume these here are the new inserts you put in…:point_down: because they are the ones suggested by @eBoosted. I also made the same mistake ordering the other inserts from Amazon. Those are made out of brass and half of them break during insertion. According to him, the best way to secure them is to add silicone and holding like a rock.

1 Like

Those are called X-Things. The best ones (and prettiest) in my opinion are these…:point_down: because they are not massive or thicker like others. These are just 3 millimeters thick made out of aluminum and strong enough to hold your mounting bolts. They also come with the countersunk bolt holes which are the universal standard for mounting truck plates on wooden boards. They will give your board a nice retro appearance (they also come in other colors like black, gold or raw).

4 Likes

Build looking good by the way!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Actually I received the ones on Eboosted website. They look the same as the Amazon ones but are of higher quality metal and manufacturing.
I bought the whole enclosure/mounts second hand so I’m unsure.

The ones on your picture are meant for hard wood. The ones I used are for softer wood. Not sure which category the deck falls into.
For the enclosure, the Eboosted provided inserts worked perfectly.
For my trucks the Amazon ones were tough to install but I worked out a method that made them Rock solid. I essentially used one insert as a tap, going back and forth until grooves were cut. I kept that insert aside. Them I added some Gorilla glue onto another insert and screwed it into the threads. They’re on there now and solid.

I’m going to keep this setup for a while (no braces) and see what happens. I’ll be doing plenty of.short trips at first so I’ll be able to check if the trucks loosen.

1 Like

It’s a 13s running on 10s. I figured o was being optimistic. 10s BMS arrives today

1 Like

New BMS installed. 17$ on Amazon, nice and tiny and works well. Charging from 33 to 37V tonight. Just to stabilize the cells.

Next task is to cut into the enclosure.to allow for.the openings

5 Likes

It’s done. Sort of. It rides charges and closes. It’s also fuckin scary fast. Charged up the hill like it wasn’t there on a half charge. There’s a few more details I want to complete before I post a real gallery.
To do:

• rewire ground of BMS to high side of the XT90 so the there’s no ground bypassing the safety. 1
  • motor shroud 3
  • replace some bolts that are too short 1 (done)
  • trim the enclosure gasket 2
  • wire up feather remote 2 (in progress)
  • pulley keys (done)

13 Likes

Let’s go ride!

2 Likes

@pookybear I went for a full ride today. Not gonna lie, I put some super glue on the pulley to solve the issue of it coming out over time. Rode maybe 2 miles without problems. board is currently charging to storage levels. lesss gooo

Still want to do all of the above, but thatll wait until after the exams

3 Likes