Peregrine Falcon

Actually I received the ones on Eboosted website. They look the same as the Amazon ones but are of higher quality metal and manufacturing.
I bought the whole enclosure/mounts second hand so I’m unsure.

The ones on your picture are meant for hard wood. The ones I used are for softer wood. Not sure which category the deck falls into.
For the enclosure, the Eboosted provided inserts worked perfectly.
For my trucks the Amazon ones were tough to install but I worked out a method that made them Rock solid. I essentially used one insert as a tap, going back and forth until grooves were cut. I kept that insert aside. Them I added some Gorilla glue onto another insert and screwed it into the threads. They’re on there now and solid.

I’m going to keep this setup for a while (no braces) and see what happens. I’ll be doing plenty of.short trips at first so I’ll be able to check if the trucks loosen.

1 Like

It’s a 13s running on 10s. I figured o was being optimistic. 10s BMS arrives today

1 Like

New BMS installed. 17$ on Amazon, nice and tiny and works well. Charging from 33 to 37V tonight. Just to stabilize the cells.

Next task is to cut into the enclosure.to allow for.the openings

5 Likes

It’s done. Sort of. It rides charges and closes. It’s also fuckin scary fast. Charged up the hill like it wasn’t there on a half charge. There’s a few more details I want to complete before I post a real gallery.
To do:

• rewire ground of BMS to high side of the XT90 so the there’s no ground bypassing the safety. 1
  • motor shroud 3
  • replace some bolts that are too short 1 (done)
  • trim the enclosure gasket 2
  • wire up feather remote 2 (in progress)
  • pulley keys (done)

13 Likes

Let’s go ride!

2 Likes

@pookybear I went for a full ride today. Not gonna lie, I put some super glue on the pulley to solve the issue of it coming out over time. Rode maybe 2 miles without problems. board is currently charging to storage levels. lesss gooo

Still want to do all of the above, but thatll wait until after the exams

3 Likes

Let’s play it safe! We’ll fix it!

2 Likes

Ill rename it “Russian Roulette”
The chance of either losing a pulley/belt/wheel or the Truck bolt inserts adds a constant sense of doom at even pedestrian speeds haha.

3 Likes

In my case I’ve rode once with setscrews and without locktite. Learned it the hard way.

where? on the trucks?

My motor pulleys on my riptide were 100% red loctite for months. No issues.

oh wait sorry, sometimes I forget people cant read minds (psh) i mentioned this to @pookybear in a PM

The BKB pulleys have this funky issue where one of them slowly comes out of the abec core.
whats weird is that teh bearing us up against a spacer on both sides , theres effectively a solid spacer or bearing sleeve all the way from truck shoulder to nut. THis means, the only way this could be happening is for the pulley to be coming off the wide bearing. It is only push fit (now a gluefit)

It wont fail catastrophically. the absolute worst that could happen is that the pully could jam itself on to the motor mount on its way out of the wheel core. So far, the edge of the motor mount has ground away the paint ( :cry: ) …
Anyway, pooky graciously offered to help me align the drivetrain. source the actual error. Superglue treats symptoms, when I dont know the cause.

I thought we were back to the whole ‘inserts for truck bolts’ thing. Thats actually been holding up well.

I’ve actually refraiend from locktighting anything until everything is perfect. Right now all rides are in my residential at low speeds.

Ohhh that. Yeah those pulleys work better on surfrodz with 10mm axles.

On my motormount after my first test ride and on the motorshaft after to much force.

@DEEIF

Read it and weep , son.

3 Likes

Aw yea. Let’s do this. Pad up and we’ll test that sh!t Sunday?

2 Likes

Testing, the gearing, Tb110s , and the new motorcycle jacket all in one go.

Now we just need to find a god hill

We could go to that crazy Rocky steep hill that we HAD to walk up to. Surely, you member that “hike”. :rofl:

2 Likes

look, just because your inferior board can’t make it up a meesly 30 degree incline, doesnt mean you get to be all sassy

1 Like

That gearing ratio is going to make it hard to skate up steep hills lol!

2 Likes