“Udta Punjabi” | DIY Flux Build | 12s8p

Awesome. I love this as you’ve shown more nicer boards I’d set off buying :). The mrs won’t love it, haha.

What do you think about this kit? Will this serve the next 1000 miles?

3 Likes

One of my friends has this kit. A few issues

Battery is too small for good range on pneumatics. You’ll get like 15-18 miles. It’s a good urethane board though
ESC is a blood unity
Enclosure is ABS
Stock bushings should be replaced

2 Likes

Same qualms from me, meh unity, stormcore better I think

Enclosure probably okay but doesn’t look that great. Remote known to have some issues with unity

Your hoyt puck, esc, and rest of your planned build are much better

1 Like

def not your best bang for your buck

for 2000$ there are some super nice stuff out there

these were my recommendations (bit more then 2k though)

there are lots of diys being sold on the forum for 1.7 and many are really amazing ones

2 Likes

This matches your specs pretty well and is already put together: Evo spectrum 40 3links mb155s on stretch trampa stormcore60 molicelp42a 12s8p davega almost new

It’s a little over your budget but you could always sell off the NKP trucks which alone are worth $500 and get something cheaper instead.

3 Likes

Yeah I suppose finding a DIY that someone is selling is better

I still like his original build for the most part, but I guess if he doesn’t have time, it is what it is haha

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendations. I can spare a 5-8 hours to build something. Just don’t want to spend 40 hours building and debugging it. That’s why I had gravitates towards the kit.

For boardnamics stuff, you could probably assemble the drive train in one night and get the trucks & it mounted to the deck - I think you can opt to buy it assembled too for a higher cost

If you don’t buy it assembled, at least get it with the motors pre-cut. If you don’t want the gear drives, you could get BN belt stuff which is pretty good too

With that and a pre-assembled battery, it is just down to how many things you might have to re-solder.

Mounting the enclosure takes a while too though now that I think about it, unless you just drill through the deck

1 Like

You could also buy a used board and modify it as you see fit, that’s probably the fastest way to get running without giving up the ability to improve

1 Like

I bought the boardnamics kit. hangers, drives, motors, and i have never touched a board before. Assembled it in first try.

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback. Considering that I would be pretty happy with something like a Evolve GTR bamboo I feel I cannot stretch the budget further than that without needing to rethink the new hobby :). What do you think about version 2.

Version 2

Vestar Blackhawk Deck + Enclosure - $215

Motor / Drivetrain / Trucks / Wheels -$425

Stormcore 60D - $320

Hoyt Puck - $120

Battery - 12s 3p - $500

I appreciate the feedback. Do you think this type of build will work. What am I missing from this order?

Many people here can build you a battery of significantly better quality for that price

Also are you sure about double kingpin?

If you’re not in a rush, you can still consider DIY. If you are, these boards have a solid reputation and recently got upgraded to a larger battery: Hoyt St EL2.1 (Non-Flyable, Extended Range)

battery by @skyart or by @BenjaminF instead (saves some money and will be way better)

then if possible use the extra money for this kit
M1-AT Drive + 270mm Adjustable Truck Drivetrain Kit |

you can also save some money by using a hummie deck and enclosure which are cheaper and a super nice deck
talk to @hummieee if you are interested

3 Likes

@Halbj613 is that drive compatible with the evolve clone trucks? Or do I need to also upgrade to MBS trucks?

1 Like

It’s not compatible with most of the parts you chose. Idk why he recommended it but to use it you need to go reverse kingpin and use mbs/trampa wheels which isn’t what you planned in doing. Do get a battery made by a builder, not propulsion boards

4 Likes

Here’s a good deal on a solid drivetrain.

4 Likes

sorry to rephrase
i meant to not use the flipsky one and instead buy the boardnamics kit (trucks, baseplates, drives, motors) and then install with some mbs wheels or whatever (100$ ish)
way nicer drivetrain then the flipsky one and def worth it if he can get the funds

1 Like

Asking for forum etiquette. I decided to change my build plan completely. Should I just use this thread or open a new one?