“Udta Punjabi” | DIY Flux Build | 12s8p

@Halbj613 is that drive compatible with the evolve clone trucks? Or do I need to also upgrade to MBS trucks?

1 Like

It’s not compatible with most of the parts you chose. Idk why he recommended it but to use it you need to go reverse kingpin and use mbs/trampa wheels which isn’t what you planned in doing. Do get a battery made by a builder, not propulsion boards

4 Likes

Here’s a good deal on a solid drivetrain.

4 Likes

sorry to rephrase
i meant to not use the flipsky one and instead buy the boardnamics kit (trucks, baseplates, drives, motors) and then install with some mbs wheels or whatever (100$ ish)
way nicer drivetrain then the flipsky one and def worth it if he can get the funds

1 Like

Asking for forum etiquette. I decided to change my build plan completely. Should I just use this thread or open a new one?

keep using it. just explain your new parts and why you chose em.

ETA to purchase these in the next 3 weeks. Build my first board over the Chicago winter.

Deck/Enclosure: Flux Motion DIY (not sure if should wait for V2 release)
Battery: 12s8p (will build my own and currently documenting plan)
ESC: StormCore 60D or MakerX V6 (heard good things about both so far)
Trucks: MBS Metal Matrix II (not going to wait for V3)
Drive Train: Boardnamics M1-AT Gear Drive (wait for V2) or Boardnamics belt setup (toss-up)
Motors: 6384
Remote: Hoyt Puck
Wheels: Rockstart II hubs, Kenda 8"
Charge Port: CNLinko M16

Open Questions

• What is the decision boundary between belt-drive vs gear-driven? How should be thinking about this purchase?
  • Do I need a spacer between the roadside and board bearings in the MBS Rockstar II hubs? Does it go bearing|spacer|bearing? Any guidance here will be appreciated.
  • Need a recommendation on a charger (<=10A).
  • Opinion on padding the underside of the enclosure with foam? I can’t tell if that is accepted as a standard or what other Flux builders have done.

I dont think the v2 is releasing because that enclosure is specifically made for 18650s and the flux battery pcb

Plan on using P42A? If so then,

63100s would suit that battery and Stormcore well.

Edit: Theoretically.

63100 are known to not sit very straight on the bearings, I think flipsky needs more time to work this out. 6384 is plenty and is proven to stay true.

1 Like

Eh it depends on rider weight. With maytech 6374 I was running 100 motor amps/50 battery amps per stormcore side and didn’t have overheating issues. 63100 are excessively large and delicate.

1 Like

Planning on using P42A when they become more available hopefully later this year.

My weight is 170 lb / 77 kg.

Should I be considering 6374 as well?

Loctite question
Do I Loctite the following parts?

1. Heat sink screws?
  2. Matrix 2 hub screws?
  3. Matrix 2 shock block screws?
  4. Matrix 2 kingpin screw?
    5 screws that hold the deck and trucks together?
  5. S2 Binding screws?

Ha, in general I could use guidance on what to loctite?

Thank you!

From my experience:

blue loctite unless you have nylock nuts

like the ones on the wheel hubs? or the axle nut? If it’s nylock, which is should be, you’re fine.

blue loctite

Some people have had theirs come loose, but I’m not sure

if they don’t have nylock nuts, yes.

1 Like

The MBS Metal Matrix 2 trucks came with bolts that has this blue marking. Is this loctite? If it is, do I need to apply more? Trying to not over do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep it’s just pre-applied loctite. That’s all you’ll need, but if you take it apart again in the future you’ll need to reapply.

1 Like