Ownboard Zeus Discussion

It didn’t really seem that strong, no. 13s doesn’t really mean the acceleration would be any better than 12s, it really just depends on how many amps the ESC draws and provides to the motors.

Only if the gear ratio isn’t adjusted

3 Likes

If I play my cards right, I’m hoping to get a review unit. Then maybe I can find a Meepo Hurricane and do some comparisons. It’s cool that production boards are gaining such ground on the Evolve offerings so quickly. I’m mostly curious about their build quality and longevity. Performance is great, but I’m very much a Honda Accord going for 300,000 miles kind of person at this point.

5 Likes

Honda Accord V6 Sport going for 300,00…

1 Like

/offtopic but that’s my wife’s car. I suppose we will have it for a while lol

2 Likes

Yeah their claims of up to 55-60 km/h are only on the 6” though, so if they’re getting bigger speed they’re not adjusting (or at least not adjusting all the way) the gear ration

1 Like

you sure about that?

scott hit 55 i believe on the clouds.

2 Likes

Oh yeah he did say that in the video, I could have sworn I saw it on the site but I’ll check when I’m home later

Yeah told me the same.

What’s your channel? Would love to check it out.

1 Like

It’s in my profile. Uploading my first eskate video tomorrow, I hope.

Nice will check it out. Esk8 videos seem to be the only thing I watch these days.

Nice anchor man reference in you tag line.

1 Like

I believe it’s running 15/40 with 120 cloudwheels. I think ideally I’d be putting 45T with the same wheels.

1 Like

Right so I’m still a bit confused but at least with more info now. I could have sworn the site said 60km/h with pneumatics but it currently has this slightly ambiguous one where they specify top speed in general, and range only with cloudwheels. Same treatment of ambiguous for speed, but specific for range in the highlighted text and in the bulletpoints

The only place that still says 60 on pneumatics is in Scott’s video at 1:40

1 Like

yeah interesting. Esk8 calc says 120 clouds, 170kv 15/40 = 60km/h. With 6" speed would be 75km/h but guess that’s were they set the limit to 60. Plus maybe someone got old info or someone fucked up with communication.

grafik
grafik

2 Likes

Ownboard says they’ll send me one. So I’ll do my best to cover all the questions in here. And also see how take-apart-able it is.

5 Likes

Nice! Looking forward to your findings!

1 Like

Ok. Got one in hand!

8 Likes

Time to disassemble!

Nice!!!