Ownboard Zeus Discussion

Just saw some stuff popping up about this board. Pretty interesting IMO

I personally love the forged carbon option, and for the price, it’s not bad! Even more interesting, it’s got a 21700 13s4p battery, which is probably using the new higher voltage controllers we’ve started to see

Even more funny, this pretty much is a huge slap in the face to Evolve. It might not have all the cool features of the Hadean carbon but it is very similar and for MUCH cheaper

Another interesting fact is that it has TKP trucks. I believe this is the first production Eboard with TKP’s?

11 Likes

looks like ownboard’s dkp without the second kingpin. They even said you can put that second kingpin onto it :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Yeah I thought that was interesting. They are shipping it in TKP mode though.

I’m assuming they’ve tested that it works.

1 Like

There’s been a couple toy boards that use TKPs with hubs. Don’t see them otherwise on anything actually worth buying.

What’s more interesting to me is all the Chinese companies moving upmarket. They’re a long way from their $400 board roots, and they’re not alone with Exway, Backfire, and Ecomobl releasing $1500+ boards as well.

3 Likes

It will be interesting to see how well the TKPs perform.

1 Like

i’m very tempted to get this…

2 Likes

can we talk about the name for a second? zeus vs hadean?

1 Like

Pretty funny not gonna lie

It’s a total slap in the face to Evolve

5 Likes

Specs look good, top speed is insane for a production board at this price point.

4 Likes

i wonder if ownboard had changed their motor mount deisgn

1 Like

I rode my evolve trucks without the middle thingy making them tkp.

it was pretty good. pretty carvy… I never tried to go really fast on them though…

2 Likes

The rise of the TKP :muscle:

4 Likes

Would you believe me if I told you that I have never rode TKP?

7 Likes

You’ve never ridden a regular skateboard/popsicle board?

4 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes

TKP = the goodness of DKP without the hideous dull response, added ride height and kook status

2 Likes

Mind you I never rode RKP till I built and rode my first esk8

2 Likes

I have never ridden it either haha

I’ve heard it isn’t super stable at high speeds but neither is dkp

Nope :man_shrugging:

That’s fair. I want to try them, just never had the opportunity. I dont really have a lot of skate friends. Andrew and Sean were my first skate friends, and we just esk8.

I think DKP gets a bad rap, as I have ranted about in the past. Maybe I’ll try pulling the center link out of the DKPs on my ranger. Just worried about ground clearance on that, since that deck is not made for someone of my girth.

4 Likes

I’m not sure all dkps allow for that to be possible.

I don’t hate dkps, but they’d be my last choice for skate trucks.

They’re great for people who can’t skate tho :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes