Ownboard Zeus Discussion

I’ve only ridden DKPs on soneones evolve for like 1 minute. Got off as soon as possible cos I could’t handle the noodly ride. Not a fan.

1 Like

I concur

DKP’s are a ton of fun, you just have to learn how to ride them

And you can only really go up to 23mph or so on stock bushings

Oh i know how to ride them. Doesn’t mean i need to like them.

double kingpin or dual kingpin, as in, u know…the latest dual kingpin one :smirk:

2 Likes

:expressionless:

Don’t make me come over there and slap you dude.

2 Likes

Yah I suppose it just depends on what kind of rider you are

I didn’t like them at first and then they grew on me. Nothing I have comes even close to the turning ability of them

1 Like

You need to try some good tkps :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Nice to see brands moving away from the DKP trend on their mid/upper-tier offerings. I blame Evolve for making a fairly specialized truck design more or less the status quo for premades. In the city I love my DKP Onsra (esp. with Riptide bushings) as it can turn on a dime, however over 30kph it starts to become pretty sketch. I’m not a great skater and with DKP’s it seems like I’m constantly balancing on a tightrope and the bushings aren’t doing much work to balance the board.

P.S. The battery looks really nice on the Zeus. I wonder whether going to 13s brings any benefits.

2 Likes

I’ve done 38mph on mine, it’s a stable ride with the right bushings and setup.

(before anyone gangs up on me, I do realise it’s kind of idiotic to build a DKP board for speed. It wasn’t meant that way specifically, but it will go fast. It’s still beautifully carvy too!)

4 Likes

i’m currently building a DKP board for carving…If i want speed I have other board for it.

1 Like

i am now curious if Ownboard is using the exact same baseplate they have on their DKP truck.

on these pictures the base plate looks pretty tall.
it looks to be mounted drop through, but still sticks out quite a bit from under the board.

It is kind of funny to me the truck discussion above.

I grew up on regular skateboards.

I don’t think I had ever set foot on RKP until I tried my neighbors Metroboard…

Then i got the Acton Blink that had tiny RKP.

Then i got the Metroboard Micro Slim that had TKP Caliber Trucks…

and then I got my evolve Bamboo with their DKP…

It really is amazing how prolific DKP became because all the Chinese companies copied Evolve…

1 Like

It is interesting to see Meepo and Ownboard stepping up the battery game.
and having a similar battery size as Evolve for more than a thousand bucks less in price…

Backfire sure hosed it up only going 12s3…

if they had the Ownboard pack they woudl be the clear winner in my mind…

3 Likes

Looking at the motors, it looks identical to the Propel Endeavor pro. From the reviews it looks promising.

you mean the Endavour Pro looks promising?
if you mean that, I totally agree.

I have not wanted to buy a production board for a while… but I wish I had money to blow on the Propel since it is such a different beast…

Hope some day they will sell the Chassy for diy…

2 Likes

Now I’m interested in possible turning my DKP trucks to TKP like @Nacho mentioned previously. Just to experiment and see which works best for my use case.

4 Likes

You didn’t hear it from me, but the hammer is getting an optional 12s4p p42a down the line

2 Likes

yeah dude. give it a whirl…
it could be as easy as undoing 4 kingping nuts if the clearance gods are on your side…

1 Like

yeah, to me that would put them in a much better position…

I only get maybe 20 miles on thane using a 12S4p 40t pack… so to me a 12s3p is really just a toy pack…

2 Likes

I find this board super interesting. Happy to see a pre-built company ditching DKP trucks, and even more amazed to see them using split-angle baseplates. Also excited to see more companies pushing past 12s. I think this will be a great pre-built board.

Interesting. I think that would need a new enclosure as I don’t think the current one is wide enough. Also not sure why they would use different cells, since their current ones are 40T clones.

3 Likes