Ownboard Zeus Discussion

https://dkwan.com/esk8-range/

This is what I used to calculate the range by the way, but I know either way I am going to have a lot of range basically. I am just waiting to trigger purchase a Zeus Carbon Pro

buy the p42a version. it shouldnt be a question, even for lighter riders.

1 Like

I’m around 210lb and on my P42A zeus pro I’d get around 25 miles on pneumatics, or 30-35 on smaller urethane wheels depending how I was riding.

2 Likes

What is the proper PSI?

Tires say 60, I have heard 40-55.

Crap answer but really it’s whatever you’re comfortable with, within the tire’s pressure range. Softer tires = more grip, more bump absorption, eats up a bit of your range. Harder tires = best range, stiffer over bumps, more likely to catch a flat from hitting something. Really best is somewhere in between. Start at 50 and work your way back.

2 Likes

Another question, i didnt see a thread on it but, does anyone have the ownboard bamboo at pro?

I got my zeus pro, really enjoy it BUT i want a bamboo board now.

Its on sale, and i really like to pick it up.

Only downside i see is ESC is ebclosed, and i heard about over hesting.

I cant find much info on it., does anyone know anything ?

Thanks

I do!
It’s slow, the deck is pretty damn stiff but it rides like a Zeus. If you’re okay with that, pick it up. If you aren’t, stick with the carbon.

1 Like

Thanks, does esc over heat? Apprently its enclosed with no breathing room??

Im not worried about speed. Never gone past 20 mph on a board.

Haha wow. In that case I wouldn’t even worry about overheating it. My fatass was full sending the board just fine.

All 500wh options are removed from their site. Earlier today there was 500wh and 600 wh (molicel battery).

I wonder if they are going to release a higher wnd model

Hurricane ultra?

1 Like

Nah, dont like the look.

My brother in law has a Bamboo pro and I had a zeus pro for a bit. Bamboo is definitely more flexible than the zeus. Not Boosted/Loaded flexy, but more give than the zeus for sure. No comment on any overheating issues because I/we haven’t experienced any on either of ours.

Any body have shred lights on their Zeus Pro? I have some from my Backfire Zealot S and I want to see what kind of set ups people are doing on their Zeus. Are people doing top mount lights for nose and tail or can you fit them below deck? I was planning on trying to mount them below deck for both ends but would like to see others set ups that are tried and true. I will say that I’ve had issues with the angled mount bending and snapping with just the regular vibrations of riding due to the weak point of very thin metal right at the bend on my Zealot S.

I don’t have my zeus pro anymore, but I ran my shredlights on top of the deck (flat mounts) on the rear, and I could mount on top or bottom in the front. I started with them on top and then moved them underneath for aesthetics. When top-mounted the padded grip tape will make sliding the lights in a bit difficult and could damage the grip tape a bit. I ended up cutting back my grip tape to allow for easier light access.

Only pic I could find showing my light mounted

3 Likes

The 4wd version just came out today:

1 Like

its not even a “4wd version” its a completely different board. Larger battery, larger deck, redesigned trucks

That is true. I had hoped they would make the bigger batteries on the bamboo available to the Zeus Pro, but they made a 4wd board with a bigger battery instead and didn’t just make a 4wd variation instead? It works but still leaves me slightly confused

Howdy.
Hoping someone here may chime in.

My neighbor Benji got a new replacement ESC 2 motors for his Ownboard Zeus.

Is there something to be done for set up?
Some sort of detection?

Or is it just plug and play?

With just plugging and chugging it sounds ok on the bench.
But runs funny.
And is throwing over current warnings.

1 Like

This might be worth a shot?

(I know it mentions the hurricane in the title which uses lingyi but the conversation linked is about the hobbywing 9028)

1 Like