Ownboard Zeus Discussion

Are his current ones metal?

1 Like

Yes. aluminum. Thin but look ok.

1 Like

The new rims are good in my experience but that’s super limited. The Meepo tires are nice and they just last a really long time too. I’d say theyre worth the price.

2 Likes

You mean super cheap? Tires + metal hubs + pulleys + bearings + belt, for cheaper than most metal hubs by themselves. or am I missing something

I have 2 questions

First, why does hota list the tires as 345mm, and 58T, vs ownboards website listing as : 340mm 60T?is there a compatiblity issue here?

Second, will meepoo cyclone racing wheels fit the zeus pro(what pulley)?

When I order my zeus pro (Blackfriday sale) I like to have extra wheels, and rims .

Belt size depends on more than your pulley size. The distance between the two pullies plays a huge factor in belt size. This just means that the board with the longer belt uses longer motor mounts.

1 Like

Its the same tire, different pulley. How does that work?

I’ve been having fun with my Zeus, but I’m not going to lie I’m a bit disappointed with the acceleration performance. In my dreams i’d love to put a stormcore 100d in this thing but then what was the point in getting the zeus in the first place :confused:

1 Like

The tire is just the tire. The pulley bolts onto the wheel itself and can be a number of different T count. The stock pulleys on the Zeus wheels are 60T and they use a 340mm belt. The Zeus has a 65mm center-to-center from wheel to motor pulley, so if you got the kit from B-One with the 58T pulleys you would want 325-330mm belts according to Electric Skateboard Belt Length Calculator - FlowTingWood.com

The B-One board probably has a longer motor mount with a longer C2C distance so it uses a different size belt. Meepo Cyclone wheels do indeed fit the Zeus. If you buy them from Meepo it looks like they come with 60T pulleys, so your 340mm belts would work on those as well.

1 Like

Youre looking at specs for two different motor mount spacings.

Good thing it’s not an Evolve. :sweat_smile:

Ownboard sold me a rim for $33, not bad.

Forgot to ask abiut the ESC. I notice the ESC is inclosed, and not holes/heat gyards on bottom.

Any over heating esc issues in zeus pros? I couldnt find anything, but lack of air flow had me concerned.

1 Like

Not as far as I’ve heard.

1 Like

That’s the ESC setup on the Zeus pro. Never had any heat issues with mine. There is an external plate on the bottom of the board that the ESC is mounted to… not sure I’d really call it a heatsink but it might help dissipate some heat :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Thanks, I thought i read somewhere this was a bad setup.(hot ESC next to battery) thought I also saw a metal afternarket plate instead of the black cover.

1 Like

nah, those hobbywing esc isn’t gonna heat up enough to cause any trouble, not even the lingyi 100a that i’ve seen even get that hot to touch

3 Likes

The stock hobbywing ESC is nowhere near potent enough for heat issues to be of concern, the motors would hit thermal limits first. That combined with the aluminum mounting plate for the ESC means it’s way more than adequate of a solution.

1 Like

Just reordered everything plus spare remote, I bought in July, for $160 less with black friday sale. Lol

Cant wait!

After I am done gaining back weight, I think I will be around 160lbs/61kg (I weight 135 right now)
Which battery is best for me then? I could go either way, due to once I gain back weight, I am not sure I will be beyond 160.

Go with the P42A version

1 Like