Ownboard Zeus Discussion

Shouldn’t require detection since that doesn’t exist on hobbywings. Plug it in and send it.

1 Like

This is worth a try. Appreciate the link.

1 Like

That did not work…

Cut out on him and sent him flying at 17…

2 Likes

Also try disconnecting the temp sensors from the motors. Some make the motors cog. Run detection. 9028 has motor detection.

Turn on via the switch and then press the power 5 times. You’ll hear it start. When it’s finished switch off and on again… Then send it

2 Likes

:flushed:
What was the original problem with it?
I’ve done a Zeus esc swap and it was plug and play.

2 Likes

Board in lake…

I wonder if somehow they sent incompatible parts…
Or maybe he has the plugs loose.

The physical replacement went really smoothly.

1 Like

Not entirely true - you can do detection on the Atlas Pro esc, which is a hw

It’s not a standard hobbywing. It’s truly custom. It may come to future ones.

2 Likes

Acedeck has it too - but you’re right, also custom

wowgo had it years ago, weather the vendor let u do it or not is different tho

hobbywing has motor detection (auto learn) function built in since 2021

2 Likes

I wonder what range of motors the Hobbywing ESCs will let you use.

140 to 170 ± 5% kv motor, standard 14 poles

that’s also why no chinese brand are using 190 or high kv motor, because their standard seems to be at 170kv

1 Like

I was wondering why those 6368 190kv came and went so quickly.

1 Like

Whoa! Hobbywing is getting closer and closer to VESC.

3 Likes

The b one guys told me any will work and I’m using 190kv on a couple of my hobbywing 9028 setups and they’re working fine.

2 Likes

The restriction is most likely due to the design of the hanger. If you put a soft bushing in most Chinese TKPs and flex the hanger from side to side, you will see the walls on the hanger are hitting the bushing cup and restricting movement.

2 Likes

Not taking about restriction from washers, but actually gettin less turn from a truck design inately designed to give less turn. DKP turns more than TKP. Ownboard went with quite a split angle so it turns less than say the Onsra TKP for example… newer boards are listenin to rider experiences and making adjustments as we get more iterations of TKP. There are differences between the brands, their take on TKP has differences that change ride feel/turning behaviour.

1 Like

Worth picking up some wedge risers, 5 degrees, you can add or remove 5 degrees.

1 Like