Ownboard Zeus Discussion

I’m planning on having the BMS bypassed for discharge, so i just need to find someone reputable who does battery work in Houston (or really just Texas).

2 Likes

Another general update here, working on a CAD model for the deck/enclosure area around the ESC to mockup a replacement heatsink which should increase how much space there is to work with for VESC swaps. Might lasercut a replacement bottom plate to forgo the hassle of cutting up a donor stock heatsink/ESC too. If i want to get really fancy, i think there’s enough room to even implement some proper heatsinks with heatpipes to really keep anything cool.

2 Likes

Would this ESC work on a 12S battery as well?

I dont think it would. Atleast, not without some reprogramming and possibly soldering work. As is, it’s programmed for a 13S setup, dropping to 12S would probably mean it’s voltage cutoffs would be all wrong.

1 Like

Oh right :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Also, incase someone here wanted to do a VESC swap themselves, here’s some details on dimensions.

If you don’t want to modify the deck/enclosure and just make a simple aluminum mounting plate for a heatsink that sits in the same place as the stock one, the space you’d have to work with would be 90mm wide, 85mm long, and 25mm deep.

If you were willing to trim the deck and modify it a bit, you could feasibly have 105mm wide, 87mm long, and 30mm deep (This requires making the original hole a bit larger, and having your new heatsink actually mounted below the deck’s bottom face, so it’d stick out a bit, but it’s a pretty minor amount of cutting needed).

If you’re willing to go absolutely nuts and do a lot of cutting, you could feasibly have something 130mm wide, 100mm long, and 30mm deep before running into interference with the power switch, charging port, or battery. In theory there is a tiny bit more room if you cut out the back and have your VESC’s hanging out a smidge, but it’s not really worth doing that. As before, requires a new heatsink plate that sticks out a bit.

I’m going for the last option, shown here.

5 Likes

How long did it take for then to ship? 6 dys, no notifications

Expect over a month for the slower shipping option. I think for me it was two months to Texas? Thats generally how it is.

2 Likes

It took around a week for me to get an update saying it was shipped. Mine got upgraded to air shipping due to an initial delay. You’ll get a tracking number that seemingly won’t update (it will have a rough expected date), but once the board gets to US and clears customs the tracking info will update and be accurate.

1 Like

I read the warranty, it counts soon as it orders I believe, very cheap >.<
Thats why I asked.

Their website states:

“The warranty period begins from date of order. The period is exactly 180 days from that time. For example, a product on the 180th day is covered, but a product after the 180th is no longer covered. In the case of delivery methods or destinations which lack a confirmed delivery tracking date, we will take the assumption that the warranty period starts 30 days after the order date.”

I would have to guess the last part applies to boards being shipped overseas like yours. No confirmed delivery date, so the warranty will start 30 days after the order was placed.

1 Like

Update on my own Zeus Pro project. Old heatsink and ESC have been pulled out for the CAD modelling of the enclosure interior as documented above, and the new BN270 trucks and adjustable baseplates have been installed.

9 Likes

Lookin really slick

1 Like

Yep haha, its gonna be at minumum another 2 months until i can ride it though, gotta order a VESC, motor pulleys, keyways, remote just to get riding lol.

Not to mention all the optional stuff i want to do, like rear panel mounted motor connectors, auxiliary lights, custom heatsink, cooling fans, etc haha.

1 Like

Nice, digging that w i d e stance

2 Likes

BN 500’s are gonna be my next upgrade :face_with_monocle:

Not happy until my board has the track width of a real car :joy:

4 Likes

I just got my cloud wheels in for my G3, WOW! Night and day difference for riding.

I cant wait to try the cloud wheels on my zeus pro whenever it gets it. :rofl:

How do AT wheels conpare to cloud wheels?

2 Likes

More grip, more comfort, less range

1 Like

I have the 6” AT wheels and 105 cloud wheels that I’ve used on my Zeus pro. I love the range and added acceleration of the Cloud wheels, but unless I’m planning on doing an all-day ride, I like the pneumatics for comfort. They are both very good options for the board for whatever situation. My Zeus came with AT’s, then I put Clouds on, and I just swapped back to the AT’s again today. I used some tiny wheel weights to help balance the AT’s a bit better and eliminate some vibration at higher speeds.

2 Likes

Unlike many here, I still like Cloudwheels. But the comfort and grip I’m getting from my current Meepo Cyclone 165 pneumies is another level.

As Ryan said, expect a range haircut of about 40%.

7 Likes