Ownboard Zeus Discussion

2 Likes

Hi guys, is anyone able to tell me what type of JST connectors they use in the Zeus ESC?

I’ve ordered a Zeus Pro and I’m looking to wire up my own brake light before I receive it. It looks like JST-PA/XA/HY but I can’t quite make it out from stock images

Not sure on the specifics but i know B One sells a brake light compatible with the 9028 esc on the zeus pro if that helps?

If you find THAT, please message me with the info.

Yes, thank you. I had seen that but at $35 it’s a bit steap. Especially as it is a $3 Xiaomi M365 Scooter brake light that they attached a JST connector and awkward truck mount to.

I want to do the same myself, but less awkward and far cheaper.

Looks good. Rides like :poop:. The wheels, not the board :joy: gonna try the 107s next.

6 Likes

Gummies have disappointed more people than Flipsky. :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Yup. Just reconfirmed it. Carbon fiber deck made it worst than I remembered

1 Like

They can’t be that bad can they? Like, they’re basically massive urethane wheels, how’d they screw that up?

1 Like

They are good on smooth surfaces, but the thane is just too thin to feel good. Used to have these gummies with Sunmate hubs and recently got my hands on these so wanted to try it out again. 107s might be too low for comfort now that I think about it.

So is it just a rough ride? How would they compare to like, regular 100mm urethane or such then?

Although my information is secondhand, I’ve been assured by people I trust that they are indeed that bad.

Shame, because I think they look fucking cool and always wanted a set early on. But I was talked out of it with strong words. :joy:

1 Like

Damn, i’ve been looking into the boundmotor slime wheels which is just this with different hubs from what i’ve seen, but if the thin urethane is really that bad then i guess i’ll just stick to pneumies or street wheels.

My favorite wheels are the 107mm Abecs and 110mm TBs, you can still feel connected to the road. I don’t really like that buzzing sound that comes off the cloudwheels and didn’t want to go pneumatic on this board so I’m just swapping around. The Gummies feels like you’re stomping your heels on hard ground with no shoes on. Your heel’s got a bit of padding but ultimately your bone will feel it. Gummies were better on a wood deck for sure.

3 Likes

I am curious about what makes the Gummies so universally disliked.

1 Like

Just the comfort level compared to other wheels. I only like it for the looks and not having to worry about flats in a larger wheel.

If you look at it, you are really only riding on 10mm of urethane

4 Likes

Hmmmm. Wonder what would happen if you made the urethane thicker, softer and put holes in it like the MAD/Boosted 105 wheels?

1 Like

you end up with these, heavy and centrifugal force will cause the thane to stretch and slide off the hub

1 Like

Not really, I ordered and got the board overseas, 54 days delivery…if your delivery falls into their online stated delivery times the warranty starts on the day of purchase/payment.

You get the delivery time/tracking number when the board arrives from the ship into your country.

So basically you loose 50+ days of warranty on the ship…and are left with about 120+ days of warranty…

So yeah it’s pretty shity :man_shrugging:

If there is a delay in delivery or you live in a place where the delivery service cannot provide a tracking number then you are approved the extra 30days.
…my own experience…:v:

Atrocious.

1 Like