Ownboard Zeus Discussion

What you are going to find with Zeus is you will be able to go faster mostly because of the TKPs. They will allow you to carve while maintaining really good stability. The pneumatic tires will also make a huge difference in your ability to carve and brake. Before you know it, your average speed will be in the mid to high teens with bursts into the 20s. When you are ready, you can also upgrade the bushings to Riptide. Quality bushings will further increase the board’s stability and your ability to turn confidently at the same time.

2 Likes

Thata what ill need later when I start going to community meet ups. I found a group that esk8s about 3 hours away from me, once I get my board im going go.

My g3 is Good for scooting around the beach but not long rides.

Ain’t that the truth. I comfortably ride in the high 20’s (prefer 24ish) and minimum ride is 20 miles these days…also built 8 boards in the past 6 years…all that because I wanted to save some money by not buying a Boosted :joy:

5 Likes

Can anyone recommend me a good tool bag to put on my board? I came across this basic one on amazon. Not sure if it will fit much.

I need one big enough to fit, spare wheels/tubes, motor, pulleys and some tools.

1 Like

Why not backpack?

2 Likes

cargo pants

2 Likes

Fanny pack.

4 Likes

Dont want to fall and bust my spine lol.

I’m rocking one of these bad boyz as well as my backpack:

1 Like

That bag being $3.88 is so stupid, not possible without human exploitation

Then again what I’m riding isn’t either.

Ugh,

Really nice looking bag tho

2 Likes

You’d know a thing about human exploitation, specifically regarding children

7 Likes

got-em-trolls

Figure out a way to clamp (or just a ratchet strap) a hard pelican box in the center of the deck?

1 Like

Thats what I usually see in videos, hard case/soft case tied down

You sir, are a genius.

1 Like

Good call going with the P42A version. You will have plenty of range and the board will be more capable than your G3 in every way. If you are concerned about range on a ride just put on the smaller a cloud wheels or even 100mm Boa’s and you’ll get plenty of range. 30+ miles easily.

1 Like

Incase anyone wanted to see the guts of the zeus pro

Feel free to ask away on details, I’m doing a VESC swap soon and a bunch of other mods.

Also, if anyone needs a zeus pro ESC and remote, let me know.

1 Like

Very interested to see how you make out with the VESC swap. Been curious about that.

1 Like

Theres a fair bit of room inside if youre willing to do a bit of work. Ive seen people chop the old esc and heatsink to make space, but that only gets you about 25-26mm of depth. If you make an entirely new heatsink/mounting plate with new mounting holes you can probably fit 30mm of depth in there, with a bit of trimming and cutting the deck hole. Ive got both options open to me as i bought a donor esc and heatsink, so im gonna try both. Will probably end up lasercutting a new mounting plate though, ive got an idea to run high current through an esc while keeping it cool.

1 Like

One thing to note:

Most of the packs in chinese boards come with a discharge controlled BMS, so they feed the Hobbywing or LingYi ESCs only what it can handle without blowing up.

Meaning that, your battery will still be giving out the 18A per side max, so you might not get as much benefit from a VESC swap as you expect.

5 Likes