Ownboard Zeus Discussion

• forgot to add, no edit button ? . . . The 3k deck is the only way to go correct? I Heard about cracked boards on reddit.

I’ve got a zeus pro P42A, forged deck option. Love it so far, and have put quite a few miles on mine. Feel free to ask if you have anything specific you want to ask about.

As for comparing it with other options - The hurricane has a smaller battery and recently, it seems like it’s having some QC issues with the ESC, battery etc.

The hammer is a pretty tiny battery, so range is going to be significantly lower. Neat board otherwise though, and it has a flexy deck.

Hammer sledge is too new to say anything on, but the rumored specs basically fix all the gripes with the original hammer.

1 Like

I’ve also got a Pro P42A that I’ve been enjoying. Have both the 6" AT wheels and 105 Cloud wheels (currently mounted). My only complaint so far is the included grab handle mount being a bit weak, but overall otherwise it’s been fantastic.

Whats the best battery option for the zeus pro?
I heard the 50 had range, but had sag?

The p42 is what everyone seems to be getting.

If im pating 2k for a board, I want maxium range.

1 Like

You don’t really, you want maximum fun, and a saggy battery is not that.

There’s a lot of nuance to this discussion most people won’t understand, but the simple version is that cells have efficiency windows. The P42A is a much more efficient cell than the M50A. When you underutilize a cell you deliver closer to it’s maximum potential range, vs starting with a more dense cell and pushing it hard. I relate people to this top gear video for an example of why more Wh doesn’t always mean more range.

I would only recommend the M50A if you are sub 160lbs, and will only run urethane wheels. At any weight and pneumatics you should go P42A.

11 Likes

at what speed tho?

The M50A option has more capacity if you’re riding casually in optimal conditions, with low power draw. This means low speeds, gentle launches, etc. The P42A however, is much more capable of handling high power riding and when drawing more current, it’ll actually have higher real world range.

Even in the most optimal conditions for the M50A cells, you’d only get 5-10% more range and it’d be a quite saggy battery towards the bottom quarter. The P42A is just a better choice, especially given the price difference.

A13XR3’s comment perfectly sums it up.

2 Likes

Less than 20 mph.

My g3 board is quite wobbly at 15-18mph.
Im not trying get hurt having fun, if i break bones im out of work.

Ive been cruising at 7 to 12mph on my g3.

1 Like

Im 171, down from 186 eariler this year.

I plan to run cloud or AT wheels depending on the feel.

My current g3 stock wheels, kill my knees, and hip. Not enjoyable. I do have clouds on the way for this board.

Thank you for that suggestion, will the p42a still get atleast 25 miles on a charge ? In modes 1 and 2?
Ive watched several videos on the 50 battery.

The board is on sale, plus my coupon gives me 150 off brings to 1699 :thinking:

I cant resist guys :open_mouth:

Should I get the extra motor for spare parts incase I break down? I already got the extra wheels

1 Like

I would, but I’m a spares freak.

2 Likes

The Zeus uses standard 10mm motor/pully system correct, or was that the hurricane…?

I can find spare parts easy correct?

them both use same hanger

1 Like

The P42A pack will easily do 25. I’ve owned a 12S4P board and that got around 25 miles pretty easily, so the zeus pro should get that handly, especially with the speeds you’re talking about.

1 Like

I hope I made the right choice on the p42 option, all the videos were pushing m50 batteries.

I do own a ebike and aware of battery sag quite well, it drops from 25mph to 15mph when im about out. But i bought a spare battery for that ($300)

My concern is range on these e-machines…

3 Likes

p42a is going to be the better option, I promise you made the right choice here.

6 Likes

A 12s4p p42a on that will easily get 25mi

2 Likes

Thx guys, ill update in 30-60 days. I picked free shipping, wasnt going pay $200…

But do we know if the esc is the same for both the M50A and the P42A? I’ve seen some people say it’s spec for the M50A on both.

It is indeed the same ESC between both. The settings are likely maxing out the M50 battery, while the P42A can comfortably deliver the power without breaking a sweat.

2 Likes