Ownboard Zeus Discussion

The meepo will give you more range. Battery size in WH is an almost almost worthless number. I know easy explanations (wh ratings ) are tempting to accept as fact, but im telling you right now the meepo will get you a longer rnage in these conditions.

1 Like

Guys. Stop advising me on a matter that I am not asking, please. I ordered ZEUS already and I can not cancel it. I just would like to know if those (e.g) motor pulley will fit ZEUS or not.

Can someone tell me that ?

to answer this we need to know the motor axle diameter and if its keyed or D shaft.

Considering its a chinese prebuilt the answer is probably D shaft , idk the diameter

If you need an answer so badly have you tried emailing ownboard? I’m sure they’d be happy to tell you what the size of their motor shaft is.

If you want the Zeus but you don’t want to pay the premium for the AT wheels, here you go:
B-ONE Titan Carbon Electric Skateboard – Boneeboard

2 Likes

lmao what?
Is this a straight rebrand from the same factory?

Getting that esc un-conformal coated was a real B word.

4 Likes

Are those 120mm CloudWheels? Does any current ZEUS owner know what size pulley they come with on the packaged? I’m getting different information about 40T and 44T.

Both. Comes w 44t installed but 40t included both are press fit

1 Like

Nice so 40T for Cloudwheels and 44T for PUs? What are you running?

How’s the performance with the esc upgrade?

Fantastic but the bms is NOT bypassed on discharge so it blew about 10 minutes in and now needs replacing :expressionless:

I’m guessing they have it limited to 60A and he told me 70A.

Something I’d like to share with you. This is a comment I left on ownboard website (it was never there. It was deleted probably in a few minutes by a ownboard team) This is the email I received after posting the review. I give them only 2 stars.

2 Likes

How do you know that Zeus is getting a higher power esc?

Someone posted this:

Anyone have it too? Shop Surf Adapters | Waterborne Skateboards

my neighbor got one.

I got to try it a little bit today.

I am super impressed

3 Likes

Luvin’ my first board - Backfire G2 Black 2020 - and now starting ‘research’ for my second board. The G2 is a fantastic (somewhat) “short-range roundabout”…but, for my second board, I’m looking for something with a much longer range. I have no interest in spending $3K-6k on an ultra-range (ie. 60-100 miles) board, this I’m looking in the $1400-1800 range. The boards currently under consideration are the Meepo Hurricane, Ownboard Zeus, and Eovan GTS Carbon Super…but I’m also open to other suggestions.

Before continuing, some ‘info’: I’m approx 230lbs (tho, working on losing weight, with a goal in the 180-195 range), more interested in “range” than “top speed” (ie. it’ll be ridden in one of the two lowest mode/speed settings)…and, for stability’s sake, I prefer TKP over DKP. As for terrain, I live in Silicon Valley, and the great majority of riding would be on streets, paved paths, and extremely-light (such as packed dirt) off-road. However, in regards to ‘streets’, our streets aren’t exactly super-smooth (tho, they have been improved over the past two years), which is why I’m running the 105mm CloudWheels (as opposed to the stock 97mm wheels) on my G2 Black.

Between the three boards I’m currently considering, I’m not “leaning towards” any one in particular, which is why I’m asking this in multiple threads, in multiple forums. I’m also going to assume that there’s probably no one individual who happens to have all the of these boards…but, if someone does, all the better. Using 105mm and/or 120mm CloudWheels as a “basis”, what is the max range (preferably on the two lowest speed/mode settings) obtained from these three boards? And, again, I am open to other suggestions (preferably, ones with good (preferably with USA-based) support).

1 Like

Hey guys, new here & new Zeus owner.

My first&previous esk8 was the Wowgo 3X(loved that thing).

It’s winter where I live so couldn’t ride so far, just did some tests in the my room and garage.

I’m having some issues with the Zeus, compared to the 3X I feel it is really lacking torque/power especially in speed mode 1 and 2. Did all the tests with 120 clouds.

The left motor is harder/rougher to spin than the right, tried with & without wheels and pulleys so it’s not the belt tension.

Actually if I slowly apply throttle the right motor spins freely but the left starts spinning only when the right is at about 15 km/h. If I keep the right motor spinning under 14 km/h for about 5 seconds the remote signals “Motor Stalling” because the left motor isn’t spinning up.

All this doesn’t happen if I quickly apply throttle or just fully apply throttle.

With the Zeus under load(me) 87kg on it I tried to ride in my room it does ride on hardboard flor but kinda weak. If I put it on a carpet flor it is so weak with torque that it can’t move, the same in speed mode 2, only 3 gets it moving.

There is also an aluminum flor cover between my 2 rooms that is slightly elevated about 0.7 cm with a really slack incline(pic attached). The cover also has grooves that would help the wheels with grip. So If I place the Zeus(with me on it) with the drive wheels behind/infront of this cover it can’t climb over it in speed mode 1 or 2, only 3 gets it over. Actually in mode 1 and 2 if I apply throttle for about 5 seconds the remote also signals “Motor Stalling”.

After trying a few starts at full throttle in the Garage, about 20 meters distance, again the speed modes 1 and 2 got me moving but mode 1 is so gentle that I would dare to give the Zeus to a child to try. Mode 2 is just slightly stronger…would say the same as mode 1 on the Wowgo 3X.
Speed mode 3 and T did have a significant boost in punch and acceleration but only when the bord started moving.

Braking as it’s just the opposite of acceleration is also so weak that I could describe it dangerous for esk8 speeds, the Wowgo 3X brakes would throw me off if not careful, with the Zeus I feel like a passenger with no control of the braking. Although in speed mode 3 and T the brakes do grip nicely It feels like there isn’t any significant control of braking strength with the remote, just an On/Off feeling.

I need to try it on an incline in all modes, I am sure it won’t go up a just slight uphill in mode 1 and 2, mode 3 maybe.

If I grab both wheels on the Zeus with my hands I can easily stop them from spinning up in speed mode 1, 2 and 3 is a little harder but I can do it. I would guess while I couldn’t do that on the Wowgo 3X that is way weaker on paper vs the Zeus this should not be the case.

I also could not find any info on the “Pole Pairs” setting on the remote, did set it on 7, is that ok?

Hope someone can give me some insight on my issue, definitely feel like my Zeus is faulty somehow but lack the experience and knowledge with esk8 to know better.

Wanted to ask here before I contact Ownboard.

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

I will add that 3X has no business being so good as it is. I’ve done around 1000km on mine and have nothing but praise for it.

With that said - have your Zeus checked out. Sounds like something is off.

2 Likes

I was seriously thinking about getting it, I’m a sucker for CF and now the forge CF. But I don’t think the $1,399 price is correct anymore. It shows $1,699 in the cart

1 Like