Ownboard Zeus Discussion

Well. There’s always next Christmas for that sweet forged CF

I just got my Zeus and have done some test rides. Its a great looking board and Im kinda satisfied with it overall. But there is two things I would like to fix. (Used to ride Meepo V3 & Backfire Zealot)

The biggest problem with Zeus is the breaks, they are really in its weakest segment. They work ok but not great, specially with the 120mm Cloudwheels. It sometimes makes me ride slower then before because I’m used to have stronger breaks and u never know when u suddenly have to stop.

Questions: What’s the easiest solution to get stronger breaks with the cloudwheels?
Should I change the pulleys on the wheels or motor? They delivered with 44T. What pulleys should I go for, 48-50T? And where can I find any that fits the wheels/board?

Is there any way to tilt the motors up a bit more? I would just need a bit more clearance when riding over bumps etc. I tried to switch to the second holes on the motor mount but the motor couldn’t fit (motor touches the end of the board by just a few mm). Too bad Ownboard didn’t make a better motor mount for the board, it should not have been so difficult for them to design it correctly…

Other then that I’m looking forward to use it more soon when it gets warmer (snow here now) so I can ride it every day :smiley:

Unfortunately this is the biggest problem with the Zeus. 44t is the largest pulley size for clouds. I’d recommend dropping down to 105d clouds with the same pulley size, but youd be losing top speed of course.

2 Likes

motor mount from @IDEA and @Tony_Stark will work on the Zeus hanger, they are both longer, stronger and better design than original

5 Likes

Does anyone make a 48T pulley that will work with Cloudwheels?

1 Like

paging @Savage1. Can you do custom 48T Abec clone core pullies?

Love those mounts. I wonder if the long or short one would work better on the Zeus.

2 Likes

Short mount should be the same as ownboard one, long mount for better clearance, better check with @IDEA

This was brought up yesterday by @Halbj613 and @b264. If there was enough interest, I would.
Somebody in the US want to send me a cloudwheel, and maybe the pulley?

3 Likes

This depends on the size of the pulleys (number of teeth)

I designed the short mount for 15/47 ratio (tested with 6" Evolve wheels + 47t pulleys), I think 48t will also fit

3 Likes

Here’s the measurement s for the “Discovery” cloned core

for the other specs, go all the way down on the link, that should help right?

1 Like

I can send those cloudwheels I have to you
I don’t have a pulley though

wouldn’t it be kinda expensive since you are in the UK?

2 Likes

i will have a look once i get home, i should have a set, and maybe compatible pulley as well that i can send

1 Like

Around £20 to ship

yeah, but he would have to ship it back so double the cost

1 Like

Well that’s nice! That would’ve saved me a bunch of time when I made these…

4 Likes

should be an easy adjustment right? just take off 1.5mm on each prong?

1 Like

ya, very easy. Would for sure want to test fit though. (press fit with a bearing)

48T for the 120 cloudwheel is the perfect sweet spot for the zeus.

4 Likes

Nah horrible old wheels
Don’t need them back

1 Like