OSRR - A High Performance Open Source Racing Remote for ESK8 - [LEGACY}

Only I get to fuck this sweet remote now. Keep your mind out of the gutter @BillGordon, she’s a respectable lady

2 Likes

now now, we are not going to start gendarizing remotes
nvm, i can’t find lucy…

1 Like

I’m not sure you understood the concept of a prison pocket.

5 Likes

In communist Portland, remote fucks you.

7 Likes

There are givers and takers in all situations.

2 Likes

“Nice.”

3 Likes

Lmao.

Looks cool but is it the nano looking one or the one that looks like a fleur de lis, and whats the point of having it protrude like that other than the discharge pluging

1 Like

Come again?

2 Likes

What the point of it having a boner, when I said "discharge plugging " I was referring to anal :electric_plug:

1 Like

Component size

@DerelictRobot any updates?

4 Likes

Hi,

You’ve reached @DerelictRobot’s voice mail. I am currently out of the country with my partner and will reply as soon as I can. If you’re calling about @SeanHacker, 6 lashings will calm him down. DO NOT LASH HIM 7 TIMES!

Have a nice day.

16 Likes

He’s dong deep in coding for the next revision.

4 Likes

Most of the activity/discussion is happening in the beta group PM. You guys aren’t missing much though, it’s mostly dick jokes.

Updates?

• 26 OSRRs are in the wild being beta tested. Each one hand built and tested by yours truly. I’m so very sick of building remotes.
  • I’ve been head down working on a final version of the hardware. Firmware is getting a pretty major overhaul. These are all largely feature additions + design changes to reduce cost/complexity to manufacture, bringing it from handbuilt beta prototype to scalable finished product.
  • So far testing & feedback has been going great. I’ll let some of the beta testers chime in with their own reviews on how it performs.
  • Hoping to have updated/final 1.0 hardware beta testing here over the next month or so, and trying to ‘launch’ sometime in the early new year.

@Itsmedant @mmaner @pookybear @ducktaperules @Kellag and other beta folks, do yer worst.

10 Likes

@kellag isn’t even using it he sucks dongs.

3 Likes

It’s great so far, I still have to test it in the city so when the mystery machine is done, in hopefully a week…I will. Only gripe I have is that I wish it had better battery life

8 Likes

Me too. 1.0 prototype hardware is already considerably more power efficient, beta hardware has about 5-6 hours of constant runtime (though charges fully in 40min). Thirsty high power radios & LCDs.

5 Likes

god i hope this remote is good. otherwise, I’d have to buy @Kellag’s puck :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

The $75 thumbwheel is still doing all the heavy lifting.

6 Likes