OSRR - A High Performance Open Source Racing Remote for ESK8 - [LEGACY}

There’s a small drain with the current beta version because it’s technically just sleeping the remote.

A week shouldn’t do it though, this is from a full charge? I noticed it took weeks in my own testing.

Full charge lasts 4 hours of use (this has a lot of room for improvement but radios are operating at full blast @ 48hz), and charges to full capacity in 40 minutes. The suggestion to beta users for now is just to top off the remote before using it. This is all a moot point once we upgrade to 1.0 hardware.

2 Likes

My OSRR got stuck in my butt. It’s fully charged tho…

14 Likes

you are right its two weeks since I topped it off.
no prop, just good to know its normal behaviour.

3 Likes

@McErono If you’re setting up your remote, please check my post from 2 weeks ago in the Beta Group PM, has a quickstart.

2 Likes

Oh dear it seems I mistakenly provided the separate shipping PayPal invoice to the reshippers as the product invoice.

/guilt

1 Like

Why do ye speak in riddles, Irishman?

Edit: I figured it out. Scoundrel! There goes my plausible deniability.

3 Likes

Because Irish man i am?

5 Likes

That’s Ed Sherin with a bad haircut and a bad T-shirt no? He’s English

1 Like

Nope that is an irish man. You know why?

,orange

2 Likes

@DerelictRobot you said there might be a ppm receiver available in future as well. If that’s right, would it be possible to bind two receiver to one remote?

3 Likes

How did I miss this question?

The radios currently being used in the beta OSRR fully support multi-point & mesh networks, meaning that adding multiple receivers to a single remote control is fully supported. With that said, so far I’ve had limited time to test this feature and until I’ve properly road tested it myself I can’t recommend (for my purposes it would be for a large 4wd I don’t want to run cables down the deck for).

So short answer yes, long answer yes but needs a lot more testing before I’m comfortable recommending anyone try it.

Bonus Bruce:

13 Likes

That one is sitting in my mailbox right now.

Time to leave work early because of excuses.

4 Likes

Be my secret Santa :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I haven’t even registered because I’m a Grinch like that.

5 Likes

Me either because I’m not sure I can afford a nice gift this year.

1 Like

Ughhh still haven’t gotten to get my sweet goodness in the mailbox!

You better post pictures or you’re out of the cult Eric.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Doesn’t work as well in the last pic.

But I really do like the way the Bruce feels in my hands, I was worried it would feel too small but it locks right in there perfectly!

I won’t have time to program it and get it installed today, hopefully tomorrow though!!

That thumb trigger or whatever you call it, shit that is smooth! This makes my mini feel like a child’s toy

3 Likes

This one goes in the prison pocket.

7 Likes