Onewheel Build Guide [Continuation from "old" forum]

My tire has about 200 km on it and is so far no worse for wear. I think it’ll last a year easily.

1 Like

Does Fungineer sell the 800W version, and if so, is there confirmation it’s any different?

@Fungineers has info below on his website. Sounds like there is a performance difference between the 600W and the 800W. Maybe he can let us know if he has noticed anything physically different between the different phub-188 motors.

What Wattage/ Voltage should I choose:

If you are building a 12S-13S battery (42-46V nominal), please choose the 48V version either at 800W (recommended).

You can also buy the 36V-600W version and run it at 10S or 12S battery, but speeds will be limited to 20km/h

What speeds can I expect:

36V-600W with a 10S battery: 15km/h

36V-600W with a 12S battery: 19km/h

48V-800W with a 12S battery: 25+km/h

These speeds are theoretical, but should be pretty accurate. I am currently testing them practically, and will keep updating as data becomes available.

1 Like

Fairly certain, fungineer is selling the exact same phub188.

Yeah, but I’m interested in the differences between the 600W and 800W versions, if any.

3 Likes

If anyone is interested my brother and I made a thin pcb footpad sensor that works great with velostat on top! Has been working great: Redpinelabs funwheel

Was thinking of ordering a few more if people were interested. Depending on how many people wanted it would be something like $15-20 + shipping for a pcb with 2 sensors on it and a piece of extra thick velostat.

5 Likes

Sorry guys have been away for a while. @Jopj @Beardicus yes there is a difference. @badname youre giving me a bad name. Loool.
Well, my motors are custom made, and now they have a logo on them too. Yay. It is true 48V 800W, and I have customized the kv to 15 for limited topspeed to 30kmph, and maximized torque.
I will “buy” a unit and try to make a video on it.
If they are “in stock” on my store, they ship in 3-4 days via dhl. If they are not, it takes 2 weeks. Still loads better than 2 months from pei :slight_smile: I have heard Peis 800W is also better than their 600W, but there quality is not always guaranteed. Tbh, ive never had trouble with their motors. Just their 4 month wait and their lies.

4 Likes

Do you get it from the same factory Pei does? I assume so due to the looks. For what it’s worth my order from Pei came in a week on UPS, the biggest issue is getting any info out of them which is basically impossible…

1 Like

Got an address for that website?

1 Like
2 Likes

Theres probably one guy who designed the hub 10 years ago and every manufacturer copied it, hence the same outer cover and design.
I think pei has multiple sources, depending on cost and availability.

@badname @Beardicus
I bought doomy’s hub (it was his secret santa gift)
Worst customer service I had to deal with in years. They sent his package to the wrong address. He got lucky in the end. If you buy from pei, make sure you’ve got payment coverage (I bought through AliExpress). Took me months of work to deal with the missing package

I’ve had two tracking numbers, and pictures of two different boxes so far…will be an interesting journey…will cancel if it doesn’t ship in 1-2 weeks and buy from fungineers site…

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up. Last resort I can request a chargeback with my credit card. Just can’t let it drag out longer than 90 days.

@Jopj @Beardicus My brother got his “48v” 800w wheel and the KV measured almost the same at 16.3kv as what I had calculated here for my 36v 800w version : Redpinelabs funwheel

New batch if anyone needs one.
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Guys who are running “48V” wheels from phub, what speeds are you getting and at what battery (12S/13S)? Would love to compare everyone’s results.

1 Like

Is the fun wheel controller you’re selling include a vesc, or is it the arduino?

1 Like

The controller @Fungineers sells is a Cheap FOCer 2 It’s a VESC 6 based ESC and compatible with VESC software.

2 Likes

Finally doing things.

Wanted to know how fast it would go on 12S

3 Likes